Sunglasses

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oakley HNBL RaRe made in USA.. Chums leash USA, never leave home without it 🤙
IMG_20230922_212112067.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_0940.jpeg

Found these nip urban camoflauge wayfarers today at a great price.

IMG_0941.jpeg

Mirrored gray (non polarized) 50mm glass lenses.

IMG_0942.jpeg

A limited edition run for late 2013/early 014 that was available in a few color options and lens options.

IMG_0954.jpeg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Got me some show-nuf rhinestone shades today.
IMG_0999.jpeg

These baby's are a work of art

IMG_0992.jpeg

Hand crafted titanium

IMG_0991.jpeg

Made in Japan

IMG_0993.jpeg

Maui Jim Nautilus
The case starts out flat

IMG_0994.jpeg

Folds into a nice rigid triangle
Came with a cleaning cloth

Slightly mirrored lens except a strip in the main vision area to let in a wee bit more light. Polarized, anti-reflective coated, "maui brilliant" plastic. Between the lightweight metal and thin glass they are not heavy at all. Remarkably clear.

I joined Costco to buy them. The savings vs retail offset the cost of the membership fee. Retailers want up to $349 for these things. Costco? About $100 shipped. Arrived in two days.

Last edited:

JoeJoe

Newly Enlightened
@JoeJoe,, We know you like cheapo sunglasses..
Now I can't wait to hear what you carry in way of flashlights?

Welcome aboard newbie, hope you know how to swim fast 🤗
I do not and am confused in many of these. seems more like philosophy than about flashlights!!! Thanks for not being to harsh.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My $200 polarized Ray-Bans still going strong 10+ years later.
Down the road, I might get a pair of Maui Jims for more formal occasions. But I'm good. (Not sure what the exact politics are with Ray-Ban. But they make great shades.)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My $200 polarized Ray-Bans still going strong 10+ years later.
Down the road, I might get a pair of Maui Jims for more formal occasions. But I'm good. (Not sure what the exact politics are with Ray-Ban. But they make great shades.)
Gotta watch where the Ray Ban's and Maui Jim's come from. Some are made in China with lots of full priced fakes with sub-parr materials and workmanship. Both now have models using polycarbonate lenses too.

For sure enough formal wear? Randolph gets my vote. About the same price as Maui's yet 100% US made in Randolph Massachsetts. I have my eye on a G3 pair but like an HDS flashlight they're well above my max price. Randolph is still family owned where Maui and Ray are owned by giant companies.

The politics with Ray Ban is they are a WOKE company, but they were long before the term WOKE was in vogue. Formerly a Baush & Lomb company the brand went off in its own direction kinda like the Jeffersons was a successful spin off of All in the Family. They still make really nice sunglasses.

American Optical are still made in Chicago but got bought out in 2020 by a fairly large company who injected cash into the operation to add more styles to the lineup. Another good option for formal wear.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Gotta watch where the Ray Ban's and Maui Jim's come from. Some are made in China with lots of full priced fakes with sub-parr materials and workmanship. Both now have models using polycarbonate lenses too.

For sure enough formal wear? Randolph gets my vote. About the same price as Maui's yet 100% US made in Randolph Massachsetts. I have my eye on a G3 pair but like an HDS flashlight they're well above my max price. Randolph is still family owned where Maui and Ray are owned by giant companies.

The politics with Ray Ban is they are a WOKE company, but they were long before the term WOKE was in vogue. Formerly a Baush & Lomb company the brand went off in its own direction kinda like the Jeffersons was a successful spin off of All in the Family. They still make really nice sunglasses.

American Optical are still made in Chicago but got bought out in 2020 by a fairly large company who injected cash into the operation to add more styles to the lineup. Another good option for formal wear.
I appreciate the heads-up. Thank you. 👍
Looks like I've got a couple of brands new to me to check out.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I appreciate the heads-up. Thank you. 👍
Looks like I've got a couple of brands new to me to check out.
Don't know if this will affect your choice but.....

The Randolph story

A review by a really serious sunglasses collector

Last edited:

Brokenarrow

Newly Enlightened
Anyone recommend a good pair of bifocal sunglasses? I am a fishaholic and get real tired of switching glasses constantly. recently purchased a pair of Kastkings and they work well but now i need a pair in every vehicle, boat, rv, vest, jackets, etc.......