Surefire’s 2010 New Lights Discussion

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Just to say the obvious, Great Caesar's Ghost! An AA Surefire!

What I don't get is, couldn't they just put a 2 X AA tube on a E1L or E1B?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are so funny, getting all stoked up about some far away SF AA light.Besides, that light already came and went...Fivemega made a hell of a bombproof AA body to fit SF heads and so and so's dropins......and it didn't sell for crap here, let alone in the real world outside of the CPF bubble. I mean seriously, Lighthound still has them for sale. So for those that are blowing smoke about purchasing a SF AA light, put your money where your mouth is and go to Lighthound. Why wait for some mythical SF light??
FM made 1x, 2x and 3x AA bodies for C-series bezels, not E-series heads. His 2x18500 E-series body works fine with AA's, but it doesn't have a clip, and it has an integrated switch (like his C-series bodies). I doubt I'm the only one who prefers a different tail and/or switch.

Yes, we're picky. A 3x123/2xAA Surefire E-series bodies has been a popular pipe dream, and we've been teased by pictures of prototypes for a long time.

loszabo

Enlightened
For those of us who have legitimate reasons for wanting an AA light, especially from Surefire, you don't need to step on our excitement.

I don't step on it, I'll crush the excitement under my combat boots! :whistle: No, seriously you guys want an AA light from SureFire and I hope you'll all get one.

BUT...

1) It will not stop with the E2L-AA. CPF members want the A2L-AA, LX1-A, LX2-AA, E1B-A, E2DL-AA, etc.-AA next. :confused:

2) Oh, and there will be threads that some guy blew his SureFire flashlight with 10 cent AAs from China. (Now, we can't avoid that with CR123s either...)

So, please enlighten me! Why do you want a SureFire E2L in AA that costs more than any other AA light?

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with that Z2-S? It's .2" shorter than the Z2L, .2 ounces heavier, and the bezel looks like it has a very fine scalloping at the end (or is that the ambient lighting)? The only interesting thing is the lumen output, compared to the 80 lumens spec'd on the Z2L.

Maybe it has the alleged P61L in it. :devil:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UB2 (or UA2 either) were never shown on the SHOT Show floor, only shown at CPF party. They were in the catalog though...:poof: I hope they learned that lesson on getting CPF's (unreasonable) hopes up.
They haven't released it, yet. All we have is the prototype . . . Just like we did with the UB2.

Ibuprofen and Codeine are my friends...
Don't believe anything Size15's says right now... he's all drugged up.

The LX1 should still have the same/similar removeable clip. Not necessarily interchangeable with E1L/E2L, but the same as the new E1B/LX2 style clip.

The E2L AA looks to have a regular KX1 head on it, so it should be compatible with other E-series. I run a KX1 on 2AA with a 2xCR123 body plus one cell E-series extender for lego-fun-of-it, but that is another story. The higher-than-current-KX1 specs may point to a lumen increase for the E1L too. :twothumbs

gsxrac

Enlightened
Wooooooowwww AA Surefire? Did hell just freeze over? I'm not a big fan of 2xAA lights but I am glad to see Surefire experimenting in a new territory! Might buy one for pops if it ever comes to light.

Now who can get me a 2010 catalog :devil::nana:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing!

And I remember all those SF experts saying things like : "SF will never build an AA light!". Ha! Very good, Surefire! I like AA lights, but I think this one is ugly... :whistle:

But, LX1 is beautiful! I love it! Can´t wait to have one!! :party:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe all the attention on a stretch bodied KX1 when the Stratum looks to be the next 6P, Surefire's most popular light. Three levels and an ergonomic body that is a cross between the 6P and C2!

Don't forget the first real life appearance of the long-in-vaporware LX1 with 110L as some people predicted....?

I guess the 2AA could be used as a night stick.

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
You guys are so funny, getting all stoked up about some far away SF AA light.Besides, that light already came and went...Fivemega made a hell of a bombproof AA body to fit SF heads and so and so's dropins......and it didn't sell for crap here, let alone in the real world outside of the CPF bubble. I mean seriously, Lighthound still has them for sale. So for those that are blowing smoke about purchasing a SF AA light, put your money where your mouth is and go to Lighthound. Why wait for some mythical SF light??

Good idea! Thanks!! :poke:

Payment Type: Online Credit Card
Item ID ITEMS PRICE QTY TOTAL
FMBDYAA2 FiveMega C Head 2xAA Battery with Integrated Tailcap Switch Black Finish $52.99 1 $52.99
EGSWUG ElectronGuru McClicky Switch Upgrade kit for SureFire z41 tailcap $21.99 4 $87.96
EGSBO ElectronGuru Silicone Switch Boot for SureFire z41 tailcap Orange Color $1.99 5 $9.95
EGSBP ElectronGuru Silicone Switch Boot for SureFire z41 tailcap GID Pink Color $1.99 1 $1.99
CHRCR2 RCR2 Unprotected Rechargeable Lithium Battery $4.99 1 $4.99
MXP0218G Maxpedition MICRO Wallet OD Green $9.89 1 $9.89
GBSFCMLR Inox Lanyard Ring for SureFire C / D / M / P / Z series flashlights $3.99 4 $15.96
LHKRSS4 Lighthound Stainless Steel Key Ring Standard Size 4 - 1.1" outer diameter - Stainless Keyring $0.40 5 $2.00
LHKRSS3 Lighthound Stainless Steel Key Ring Standard Size 3 - .970" outer diameter - Stainless Keyring $0.40 5 $2.00
LHKRSS2 Lighthound Stainless Steel Key Ring Standard Size 2 - .875" outer diameter - Stainless Keyring $0.40 5 $2.00
LHKRSS1 Lighthound Stainless Steel Key Ring Standard Size 1 - .74" outer diameter - Stainless Keyring $0.35 5 $1.75
LHSRSS10 Lighthound Stainless Steel Split Ring size 10 - .60 in outside diameter $0.35 5 $1.75
LHSRSS5 Lighthound Stainless Steel Split Ring size 5 - .334 inches outer diameter $0.20 5 $1.00
LHSRSS6 Lighthound Stainless Steel Split Ring size 6 - .38 in outer diameter $0.20 5 $1.00
DMJWLClip McGizmo Jewel Clip - 15mm tall $2.70 2 $5.40
Subtotal: $200.63
Discount(s): $6.28
Taxes:
$0.00
Shipping:
$0.00
TOTAL: $194.35

gsxrac

Enlightened
I do like the Stratum. Looks like there is already an MSRP on the Z2 lookalike $180.

steveG

Enlightened
Wow... I think I must have died... must get E2L AA... arrgh....

I can wait, ... but please SF don't break my heart!

and(drumroll please)
2010-SHOT-105.JPG

The E2L-AA is cool!

I couldn't wait for Surefire... no cool clip, though.

e1laa.jpg

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this talk about the AA is detracting from some of the other items. The Stratum does look very nice and I personally do prefer 3 outputs vs 2. And the LX1, well we're all waiting on that one.

Now back to the AA. lol. The AA does seem a little long at 6.6 inches, the LD20 is only 5.9.

Hey Bernie, ha ha, ha ha ha.

Bill