SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There was a time when a participating member was a higher up at SureFire. Paul Kim (known as PK) gave the inside scoop when he was with SureFire. He left his role of VP and started his own gig a few years back. He stopped hanging out here a few years ago too.

In the meantime the interest in the SureFire brand aint what it used to be so their aren't that many scouring the www looking for the inside scoop there.

Combine that with all those fakes out there I'd wonder if the one shown is even a legit item. That same fellow PK once told me he saw copies of his PL-2 for sale on the web before he'd even released it.

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
And the Japanese shop has some special colors!

EDC1_DFT.jpg

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a time when a participating member was a higher up at SureFire. Paul Kim (known as PK) gave the inside scoop when he was with SureFire. He left his role of VP and started his own gig a few years back. He stopped hanging out here a few years ago too.

In the meantime the interest in the SureFire brand aint what it used to be so their aren't that many scouring the www looking for the inside scoop there.

Combine that with all those fakes out there I'd wonder if the one shown is even a legit item. That same fellow PK once told me he saw copies of his PL-2 for sale on the web before he'd even released it.
@bykfixer Did Surefire's popularity drop when they stopped making the LEGO lights? I assume that had a lot to do with it.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really would like to have at least one SureFire EDC1-DFT and one EDC2-DFT. Maybe even two of each type depending on the HA and beige / brown color.
I really like the Surefire lights and I love my Peacekeeper that is 8650 capable. The Fury DFT I never bought because of the problem with fried LED which seems not really to be fixed.

But actually my guess is that this two lights will be the same like it was with the UB2 and UA2 lights.

Or in 3 or 4 years a single shop will offer EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT lights like it was with the Surefire UM2, which is a great light, even today.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I really would like to have at least one SureFire EDC1-DFT and one EDC2-DFT. Maybe even two of each type depending on the HA and beige / brown color.
I really like the Surefire lights and I love my Peacekeeper that is 8650 capable. The Fury DFT I never bought because of the problem with fried LED which seems not really to be fixed.

But actually my guess is that this two lights will be the same like it was with the UB2 and UA2 lights.

Or in 3 or 4 years a single shop will offer EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT lights like it was with the Surefire UM2, which is a great light, even today.
I didnt know the furys burned out their LEDs.

Latest posts