SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
700 lumen malkoff head with 50ish lumen low and 16650 support 1hr regulated runtime on high. It's gona be hard for sf to top my lego imo.

6iRAsNe.jpg
Yes and with the 16650 you get a decent low like you state of 50 lumens. That is a nice Lego right there.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, if they could just add the head twist from the E2T-MV to the EDCL2-T, while preserving the same head diameter. Head twist would be for selecting different presets. I would like 3 different presets if possible:
- Low preset, 1 lumens low, 15 lumens high
- Economy preset, 15 lumens low, 250 lumens high
- Tactical preset, 60 lumens low, 1200 high

Adding support for dualfuel 16650 and CR123 support, and a removable clip, then I would have my dream light and would probably be the last EDC light I would ever buy.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, if they could just add the head twist from the E2T-MV to the EDCL2-T, while preserving the same head diameter. Head twist would be for selecting different presets. I would like 3 different presets if possible:
- Low preset, 1 lumens low, 15 lumens high
- Economy preset, 15 lumens low, 250 lumens high
- Tactical preset, 60 lumens low, 1200 high

Adding support for dualfuel 16650 and CR123 support, and a removable clip, then I would have my dream light and would probably be the last EDC light I would ever buy.
Wow. Lol talk about being complicated. [emoji14]

JJRG

Newly Enlightened
Got it, next week mass availability, thanks.
Since I haven't been active in the flashlight market lately I'm not so up to date on currant best stores,
for example I've just noticed Lighthound doesn't exist anymore, if one of you could PM me some EU shipping
enabled ones that stock all SF new models I'd be very glad :)

JJRG you work for SF right, or at least you've been using a 2t, can you tell us if it has
the same audible coil whine on low as the old l2 digital lumamax I had almost a decade ago?

No audible sound on high or low.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback!
Unfortunately I can't seem to find an Eu distributor, even contacted SF international before posting here a few days ago and still no reply...

JJRG

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback!
Unfortunately I can't seem to find an Eu distributor, even contacted SF international before posting here a few days ago and still no reply...

Where are you located?

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will show up on eBay or CPF marketplace very soon. I am waiting for some first reviews and 16650 support. Then maybe....

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm nearly certain that I'll buy one, however, I may wait until the first production run has been field tested. I'm content with the way the device is designed, but I'm holding back until any potential bugs have been flushed out.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Lol talk about being complicated. [emoji14]

It may sound complicated, but I don't think it would be in practical use, not for me at least.
It is basically the same interface as UB3T Invictus, with the difference that you have only 3 presets instead of 11(talk about being complicated) and that the max/turbo you get when engaging the tail switch fully will follow your preset instead of always being the maximum.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may sound complicated, but I don't think it would be in practical use, not for me at least.
It is basically the same interface as UB3T Invictus, with the difference that you have only 3 presets instead of 11(talk about being complicated) and that the max/turbo you get when engaging the tail switch fully will follow your preset instead of always being the maximum.

and you want 16650 support on top of all that? What price point would you consider reasonable?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
No intention to argue, but if you're committed to the use of rechargeable cells, this might not be the light for you. I'd also be happy if it behaves well on a 16650, but that was not the design.

Bronc6901

Newly Enlightened
Wow that's a great price for this light! And the price for the E1b max vision has gone down to $149 on surefires web site. I'd also like to thank JJRG for all the feed back! This light alone has got me interested again in new surefires. Thanks!

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I ordered mine last week. I received a back order notice from SF which is not surprising considering the earlier posts.

The Malkoff style 1/4 turn for low is a great interface. I think it would be a cool addition to this light giving a total of 4 modes.

I don't think the current generation of 2 stage switches work the same as the LX2 with resistors in the switch. Everything appears to be in the head which is unfortunate as it reduces the ability to Lego other heads.

With respect to rechargeables vs primaries, I enjoy the bomb proof nature of primaries. But, I also like the economy of rechargeables, and knowing that I can start the day with a new full battery.

Many of us like options but it is easy to get super complicated. There is something nice about a single mode Surefire or Malkoff. I always know how the light will function.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the current generation of 2 stage switches work the same as the LX2 with resistors in the switch. Everything appears to be in the head which is unfortunate as it reduces the ability to Lego other heads.

Could you elaborate on this a bit? How do you think it knows which mode to be in without a resistor in the tail cap? I was actually hoping it would be a resistor-type switch with a higher ohms so that it would be *MAYBE* compatible with my current LX2 body....

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Could you elaborate on this a bit? How do you think it knows which mode to be in without a resistor in the tail cap? I was actually hoping it would be a resistor-type switch with a higher ohms so that it would be *MAYBE* compatible with my current LX2 body....

As to how the light knows which mode to use I cannot explain, Surefire magic? Here is what I do know, if you put a Malkoff M61 on an LX2 you get standard 2 stage operation just like the stock SF head. If you put a Malkoff M31 head on the SF Backup you only get high mode. The 2 stage switch operation of the switch doesn't function. You have to push past the portion of travel that usually activates low mode then the light just turns on to high.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
As to how the light knows which mode to use I cannot explain, Surefire magic? Here is what I do know, if you put a Malkoff M61 on an LX2 you get standard 2 stage operation just like the stock SF head. If you put a Malkoff M31 head on the SF Backup you only get high mode. The 2 stage switch operation of the switch doesn't function. You have to push past the portion of travel that usually activates low mode then the light just turns on to high.

Modulating a signal on top of the current that already flows is probably the way they do it (this is well known technology), this signal tells the head if it should be in low mode. The advantage is that you get a much lower power loss compared to a resistored solution, which means you get a much better runtime on low mode.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Modulating a signal on top of the current that already flows is probably the way they do it (this is well known technology), this signal tells the head if it should be in low mode. The advantage is that you get a much lower power loss compared to a resistored solution, which means you get a much better runtime on low mode.

Thanks @Lurveleven after some reading that makes sense. I do like increased efficiency, but I also like the additional options I had with the old resistor method.