Surefire EDCL1-T

tokaji

Newly Enlightened
Nothing new, but here is a new picture of the EDCL1-T from Surefire's instagram. (this is again the "prototype" with the EDCLT-1 name)

4BjWRQI.jpg

This is Rome.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, in front of the "Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II". That is actually a SF light I am looking forward to....... in a loong time.

Eric

dog off leash

Newly Enlightened
Just got off the phone with Surefire. I placed my order on 26Nov, and they said they're still back ordered until the end of Jan at the earliest. That don't give me a warm fuzzy for the Tactician I ordered last week either. ☹️

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
Just got off the phone with Surefire. I placed my order on 26Nov, and they said they're still back ordered until the end of Jan at the earliest. That don't give me a warm fuzzy for the Tactician I ordered last week either. ☹️
That really kinda pisses me off. I can understand a dealer having to wait for a shipment from the manufacturer, but this isn't a damn iphone... If they're going to take orders, they should have inventory and a production schedule to meet demand. I ordered my EDCL1-T on the day of release, as I'm sure many did, and Surefire want's me/us to believe that they didn't have inventory to meet one day's orders? To top it off (like you) I ordered a Tactician when Surefire put that out (so I wouldn't have to pre-order it elsewhere) and now I'm guessing I might see that at some point in the future as well...

Better be damn worth it.

jkevind11

Newly Enlightened
I have 3 Surefire lights back ordered .
"Surefire , made in USA , shipping as if from China " . Lol . Just trying to crack a smile [emoji4]

dog off leash

Newly Enlightened
That really kinda pisses me off. I can understand a dealer having to wait for a shipment from the manufacturer, but this isn't a damn iphone... If they're going to take orders, they should have inventory and a production schedule to meet demand. I ordered my EDCL1-T on the day of release, as I'm sure many did, and Surefire want's me/us to believe that they didn't have inventory to meet one day's orders? To top it off (like you) I ordered a Tactician when Surefire put that out (so I wouldn't have to pre-order it elsewhere) and now I'm guessing I might see that at some point in the future as well...

Better be damn worth it.

Just got the backorder notice for the Tactician too. I ordered both on the dates of release via SF's website.

I shot them a fairly scalding reply to the backorder notice. Needless to say, this poop is getting really old.

RedLeader

Newly Enlightened
Just got the backorder notice for the Tactician too. I ordered both on the dates of release via SF's website.

I shot them a fairly scalding reply to the backorder notice. Needless to say, this poop is getting really old.

I had a similar experience when buying a backup mv. It was very hard getting any information from them regarding my order( simple stuff like a back order notice or a tracking number) and it took me a month to recieve the light.Their customer service has been very sub par as of late. To their credit the customer service head was very apologetic and said she would send me some batteries for my trouble but, who knows if they will.

Leksikon

Newly Enlightened
Now my question, will it work with a normal EB1 tailcap? And also, will this tailcap work on the EB1 or Aviator? If so, I will definitely pick one up.

Didn't see anyone address this but then it looks like maybe no one has gotten theirs yet. Just tried and the EB1 tailcap will work with the EDCL1-T but will only give high output, doesn't do high/low (might be possible but it's not a direct screw-on and go for some reason). Interestingly though the EDCL1-T tailcap does work perfectly on the EB1 Backup, so that's kinda of fun to consider if you find yourself liking the gas pedal.

I got my EDCL1-T two days ago at Quantico Tactical's NC store, they had a few more on the shelves (6 I believe at the time) and I know they said they've got a ton of everything on order. I had ordered an EDLC2-T when it was first announced but I guess they haven't gotten any yet so I grabbed the 1-T as an impulse buy to hold me over and I'm digging it so far.

I don't get as fancy with measurements so I can't comment much about true distance of throw or run time yet but it's been great with making traffic aware of my presence while walking the dog and I can illuminate objects further away than my older eyes can realistically identify. The press on the tailcap is a little stiffer than I'd like but it's just an adjustment from the pressure needed on their normal clickies and will be fine. Color is a little more neutral than my EB1 which always seemed on the warm side, and the "hotspot" is noticeably larger than the EB1 but no where near the MVs, it'll still throw well. Unscientificly - if I hold them next to each other and get the EB1's hotspot to be baseball sized, the EDCL1-T's hotspot is about softball sized, maybe a touch larger and not as well defined. Being a good bit more powerful I'm comfortable with the looser hotspot, seems more useful to me but of course your mileage will vary.

If I can figure out how to post pictures and how to take any that don't suck I'll try and get some up tomorrow.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened

Better be damn worth it.

Just to mention I don't recall there being a problem in the past getting Surefire lights. What I mean is that this does not seem to be a pattern. Showing off their lights at shot show and having them never materialize is a pattern but this shortage issue seems to be new. Maybe its just as simple as demand has exceeded their expectations.

Leksikon

Newly Enlightened

Better be damn worth it.

Surefire posted on Facebook about their delays on December 14. It was part of the cluster of their black friday coupon code post but that seemed to have gathered all of the attention. The second paragraph in the post mentioned something about some compoment shortage that affects the EDCL line. The 1s are at least starting to move (I have one that got to a retail store) but I haven't seen any 2s in person yet although several posters in that thread have.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone on the big auction site has these NIB. Seems legit, because this seller has had the new lights before they've hit anywhere else. As broke as I am, I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger. I'll let you guys know when it arrives, but I'm pumped!

bubbatime

Newly Enlightened
Yes these light are on the big auction site right now. Good to see these out in the wild finally. I have the 1 cell and 2 cell on order from Surefire right now. Seems to me, they should absolutely fill orders from their website first before sending shipments to Quantico tactical and other brick and mortar stores.