Surefire Fury 2018 dual fuel 18650/Cr123

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at pictures of this light and it looks like the tail cap is larger than the body. Is it not a straight 1" light?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! So sorry to see many have received malfunctioning DF 1500 lumen Fury's. I have both the non intellibeam 1500 lumen Fury as well as the 1500 lumen intellibeam Fury. Both of them have performed perfectly thus far. I have 3500mah Orbtronics in them both. I also got the 3xCR123 1000 lumen intellibeam powered off of 3XSFCR123's and it thus far has performed perfectly.

I sincerely hope that others here that have malfunctioning intellibeams get straightened out by SF. The intellibeam feature is a true flashlight innovation. Hope I just did not jinx myself. EDIT-I have the 600 lumen intellibeam Fury as well. Zero problems with that one thus far.

I love the one click turns on the intellibeam and two clicks turns it off leaving you with standard straightforward max lumens all the time. Surefire really hit it out of the park with the intellibeam feature. They are worth the very high prices.

Last edited:

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
Can the intellibeam be overridden so there is a manual low?

No, the two modes are Intellibeam and High.

Someone else (earlier in this thread, I think) put it well: think of the Fury DF IB as a single-mode high light, and Intellibeam dials back the high to avoid washing out your vision when you're near an object. It always looks bright.

Roger999

Enlightened
Anyone have any ideas about fixing the tailcap issue where the switch is stuck on and cannot be turned off with the push button?

Mine failed after about 20 minutes total of usage and cannot be turned off.

Surefire finally got back to me by email and are sending a replacement but it seems to be a common problem where the switch gets burnt out.

30in1

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a surefire fury dft

Use it on patrol

Love the beam and flood

Thank you surefire for finally making a rechargeable light that I can afford and meets my needs

Had a Pelican 7100 until now and it doesn't hold A CANDLE to the SureFire.

rrego

Enlightened
Does anyone's DFT create "smoke/haze" inside the lens when it is on?

I bought mine used (in mint condition). Since the first time I turned it on and left it on for a bit, I noticed that within the first minute, in the reflector/lens/LED area it starts to "smoke" or build a vapor swirl inside. I have left it on for extended periods using it as a general light, as it steps down a lot and then it's just bright but not blinding.

I wonder if this "smoke" is really smoke or some kind of vapor created from the hot LED. It's funny because the vapor behind the lens swirls (from the heat?), like a mini weather storm :thinking:. It happens every time I use the light. I just timed it and it started at 13 seconds in. When I turn off the light and look at it under the room lighting, it is perfectly clear inside, you can't "see" the haze, but if I turn the light back on, you can see the little swirling haze inside the lens.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen with their DFT.

rrego

Enlightened
Yes, you are right. However I don't now if it really is smoke, as I've left the light on for quite a while, between 10-15 minutes continuous numerous times. It generates a haze inside the lens and it swirls. If it were smoke or something bad, I think it wouldn't burned out/failed by now(?).

Here is a video of the swirling haze. I could not get my phone to focus but you can still make it out.

https://youtu.be/W9_pH87WDcs

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Yes, you are right. However I don't now if it really is smoke, as I've left the light on for quite a while, between 10-15 minutes continuous numerous times. It generates a haze inside the lens and it swirls. If it were smoke or something bad, I think it wouldn't burned out/failed by now(?).

Here is a video of the swirling haze. I could not get my phone to focus but you can still make it out.

I see it. May want to contact SF about this.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like a condensation chamber for studying radiation. I had a similar smoke on the old Ultra, not as pronounced as yours, but Fury temperature is clearly hotter. Analysis showed that they were alcohol vapors.

rrego

Enlightened
Interesting finding desert.snake. Alcohol vapors.

I will probably contact SF customer support when current things calm down. The tint on mine is pretty good and I wonder if they'd fix mine or swap it out for a new unit. I know there is tint lottery with some of these lights sometimes.

tango44

Enlightened
Just got a Fury DFT and it flickers a lot with 18650 and CR123's????
Is this normal???
Also hate the greenish light!

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a Fury DFT and it flickers a lot with 18650 and CR123's????
Is this normal???
Also hate the greenish light!

I have this same problem with the Fury intellibeam when using 18650s (or 16650s), however it performs perfectly when using CR123s. This must be due to the electronics inside switching drivers when running on 3,7V vs 6V. I would like to know what is causing this "flickering" as well as its very distracting. Unfortunately I cannot just simply send to back to SF to have it fixed, it would take a long time and would cost me a lot of shipping. Its not so easy in Germany. Luckily the tint on mine is nice, no complaints there.