SureFire P1R Peacekeeper rechargeable flashlight

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I had a feeling my bored p2x fury 600lm would behave the the same as the p1r and i was right, didnt bother doing a cr123 test since it's safe to assume it would be the same.
e7QHwmM.jpg

Comparing the factory 2600mah battery to a 3500mah lg mj1 courtesy of flashlight guide. I use a small low powered fan in my tests that would effect the graph. Not sure if flashlight guide uses fans
P1R-Peacekeeper-Runtime.jpg

Last edited:

eff

Enlightened
The Peacekeeper is no longer featured in the 2018 Catalogue, which is surprising!

The R1 Lawman is also missing in action from the Catalogue.

However both are still shown on the Surefire website for now.

It looks like they removed quite a few lights from their products page.No idea why they would do that (tough competition on flashlight market ?)
Anyway it's too bad the P1R is discontinued. It was the only 18650 light in their catalogue.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like they removed quite a few lights from their products page.No idea why they would do that (tough competition on flashlight market ?)
Anyway it's too bad the P1R is discontinued. It was the only 18650 light in their catalogue.

It has more to with the release of the 18650 compatible DFT Fury's I presume.

tokaji

Newly Enlightened

They put back the P1R dual to their product page

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a P1R Peacekeeper and was surprised that it that it is slightly out thrown by my original Fury (rated at 500 lumens).

The reflectors are different the Fury has a smoother Orange Peel finish and the finish on the Peacekeeper is more coarse.

I like the Peacekeeper and for me the fact that it comes on in high first is the main buying point.

My only gripe is the crenelated bezel, it's a flashlight not a weapon!!

I'll be upgrading the 2600mAh battery to a 3500 version.

I'm surprised that SF never brought out a Dual Fuel H/L version of the P3X Fury, with 1000 lumens it would have been a good duty light.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two P1R's with very different reflectors. I also had a Fury Tactical that had a more floody beam than my regular Fury, similar to the P1R on the left.
c2da2f4b3db8b23dc3b4bcb0d69077bd.jpg

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two P1R's with very different reflectors. I also had a Fury Tactical that had a more floody beam than my regular Fury, similar to the P1R on the left.

That'll explain why some find their P1R's out throw the Fury, I wonder why the changed and which is the current version.

Thanks for posting the photo!