SureFire P1R Peacekeeper rechargeable flashlight

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this Surefire 18650 is protected since there is a small diameter change in the tail side of the battery
I also update a photo compared with other AW batteries
Yes i agree in that shot the taper at the end of the cell is quite evident. I see what others are saying about the head-on shot also. Thanks!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah man sf branded 18650's and charger?! I didn't know that was going to happen with the peacekeeper, i want the single stage version of this soo bad. Thankfully I already sold my triad after the sf purge, so i'd be safe even if i had the cash.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I wonder what the BIN is on the XML2? SF has almost always gone with Neutral Whites but on occasion we have seen them too far into the cool range. Would love to see some beam shots against known XML2.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Ah man sf branded 18650's and charger?! I didn't know that was going to happen with the peacekeeper, i want the single stage version of this soo bad. Thankfully I already sold my triad after the sf purge, so i'd be safe even if i had the cash.

If the driver is anything like on the Fury's than all one would have to do is cut one of the traces as shown in picture 15.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the driver is anything like on the Fury's than all one would have to do is cut one of the traces as shown in picture 15.

I think there is or is going to be a single mode factory version.

ryank17

Newly Enlightened
Hi, thanks for a great review.

I'm about to order myself one, and just need runtime graph so bad..

Does anybody have one?

Thank you.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
If this follows tradition, A will be single + twisty and B will be 2mode + clicky. If the A tailcap is the same inside as the R1, it can made clicky as well.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice photos. The battery looks like it might be unprotected, is that true? Did you see if any common 3400mAh cell would fit?

Looks like a protected cell to me. Unprotected cells don't have that extra bit on the -ve contact under the shrink wrap.

EDIT: I've just ordered my P1R. I really don't need one of these but I couldn't help it.

Last edited:

HitFactor

Newly Enlightened
I received a P1R today and put the Surefire 2600mAh cell on charge and dropped in a fully charged Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mAh unprotected cell. There is just a little shake with this battery in it and no end cap.

The beam has a bit of a greenish tint. A very bright hot spot and even fill. My Zebralight SC600w II L2 (pinkish tint) is like a floodlight compared to the P1R. I didn't notice the P1R heating up like the Zebralight does. The P1R is 1.6 ounces heavier than the Zebralight, but doesn't feel like it in the hand.

TheVat26

Enlightened
I'm dying to see some beamshots and a runtime graph, or maybe just a test to see if if drops to 350-400 lumens after a few minutes. At what point of the 1.75 hour runtime on the supplied 2600 18650 does the output appear too "dim" for tactical use?

I couldn't find any info stating the warranty only stays intact if you use the supplied Surefire 18650, although they say it can run on any 18650.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a P1R today and put the Surefire 2600mAh cell on charge and dropped in a fully charged Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mAh unprotected cell. There is just a little shake with this battery in it and no end cap.

The beam has a bit of a greenish tint. A very bright hot spot and even fill. My Zebralight SC600w II L2 (pinkish tint) is like a floodlight compared to the P1R. I didn't notice the P1R heating up like the Zebralight does. The P1R is 1.6 ounces heavier than the Zebralight, but doesn't feel like it in the hand.

Thanks for your thoughts on the P1R! ... :thumbsup:

Pops

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay 3400s fit! :D
That 1.75 hr is probably time to 50 lumens, consistent with SF's tactical runtime.
With 3400s it could be around 2.2hrs and 60 hrs for low.

TheVat26

Enlightened
Couldn't wait anymore, ordered one. Only beamshots is a quick video on brightguy.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my P1R, but I'm making DNS changes for LED-Resource and need to keep content in sync, so I can't upload anything right now.

The light uses an XM-L2 and the same reflector as the Fury, so no surprises there - beam pattern is identical. Tint is a little bit warmer with a slight hint of green, which is very nice (no blue/purple on the edges).

Latest posts