Surefire tactician

NH Lumens

Enlightened
tactician18350-1.jpg

Tactician head on a LF 18350 body with the same upgraded LF tailcap. It's fully functional - 660 lumens in a compact package that measures only 3-5/8" in length and weighs only 2.6 ounces including an IMR 18350 cell. No shims required, but an IMR button top is required as it's just short enough to allow the head to be tightened far enough for max output.

I think I just found my new EDC light.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
View attachment 44694

Tactician head on a LF 18350 body with the same upgraded LF tailcap. It's fully functional - 660 lumens in a compact package that measures only 3-5/8" in length and weighs only 2.6 ounces including an IMR 18350 cell. No shims required, but an IMR button top is required as it's just short enough to allow the head to be tightened far enough for max output.

I think I just found my new EDC light.

That's a pretty righteous little configuration right there 👍

It's a modernized, supercharged E1_ series light. I might have to build one now 😎

Can you take a picture with the deep carry clip on it?

Last edited:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
That's a pretty righteous little configuration right there 👍

It's definitely an amazing Lego! That said, there are some challenges;
  1. The head O-ring on the LF E1 body is at the bottom of the threads, just as it is on most bodies. SF moved the O-ring groove up a bit on the Tactician body to allow the high/low switch to work smoothly. In this regard, the tactician head has a better feel when turning the head and switching modes.
  2. Though the LF E1 body head threads are long enough, they are just long enough.
  3. As stated above, only an IMR button top 18350 will work, a protected cell is too long. Even the typical button top 18350 is a bit too long.
So in operation, it takes a pretty firm twist of the head to get to high output. It can be done, but not as easily or smoothly as with the Tactician body. Between the head and tailcap springs being really compressed and the O-ring at the bottom of the just-long-enough head threads adding that resistance, tightening the head for max output takes more effort.

So in conclusion, the combination works but IMO is not ideal for the switching.