Surefire UM2 Ultra

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also lucky owner of 4 UM2's. Surefires currently last selector ring light. For this light I was waiting years when I first appeard in the catalog 2012 was announced several times than vanished and was 2016 available @AU.

Are these sold out everywhere now?
Yes AU was the only shop selling this light. They bought all ~800 UM2 lights and sold them directly and over eBay in assiciation with a dealer from Florida.

I bought all my 4 UM2s from this seller in FLorida, and the Flashlight itself was sent by AU. The first one was $250, the last two were $175. At eBay the Price never reached $150 and I had some reorts AU does not ship international, even if there were some getting their Lights by an AU order.

WDR65

Enlightened
I wish I had bought at least one more. I'm going to use mine but I carefully consider where I take it as I know its not really replaceable. It's a great light and sad that it appears that line of development is done for Surefire.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had bought at least one more. I'm going to use mine but I carefully consider where I take it as I know its not really replaceable. It's a great light and sad that it appears that line of development is done for Surefire.

l agree, I wish I got more than 2. The beam is such a nice thick and well focused beam, i'm sure with enough money and time one can retrfit a U2 to perform similarly but the massive optic used in this light is worth the small increase in size.

It reminds me of the A-10 Thunderbolt II that was built around its 30mm gatlin gun, it's a light that was built around the optic, LED and selector ring combo rather than stuff a dimensionally compromised optic that fits a preexisting body, and the whole package just works.

const451

Newly Enlightened
Mercy! I'm a fossil.

lol... like it was yesterday I was browsing 6P, 9P, G2, G2Z, C2, C3, M2, M3, M3T, M4 Devastator, M6 Guardian... then I got one of the first P60L... and it's been all downhill for me with the flashlights... haha

Last edited:

kkina

Newly Enlightened
Well wow! I can't believe this thread went so long. FYI I did buy a UM2, and it's been going strong for a couple years. No problems whatsoever.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone willing to sell a UM2 that they have if it's new?
That was for me the last really cool Surefire light until now. I would never ever sell one of my UM2s.

But I understand you would like to snag one. The good point is ther are ~800 Lights out. Therefor it should be possible finding one...

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
All good things...

I've owned mine since Nov 2017. Just sold and mailed it out to another CPF member yesterday. At least my daughter has one, so I can use it if I get the hankering.

Beard Man

Enlightened
I'm glad I grab one long time ago.
Right now it's just impossible to find a new one for sale.

52682722537_33c05bac28_b.jpg

Last edited: