Sydney 2008 Get together

Glen C

Enlightened
Rob, very well organised! I will send some keylights up closer to the time (just in case anything else is needed).

Luke, glad you are doing the pizzas, maybe we can supply them turn about (unless another dealer turns up!) if you intend to come to more. Looking forward to seeing your torches.

There is a bit of time till this (and as Diceman says the weather will be good) so hopefully more can come along.

littlejohnle

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
I would like to express my interest for this meet.
I only have a few modded mags to show, would like to compare to others with similar builds.

:thumbsup:

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
G'day my fellow photon fiends/friends?

I've been outta the CFP loop (as it were) for a while but always pop in here and there just to make sure the surefire invictus doesn't get released without my participation! haha

In doing so I happened upon this meet (via your message, rob) and while it's a bit of a stretch from where I am in Homebush, I'll do my best to come along.

I'll have my modded Lenser, Tiablo A8 Q5, the trusty ol' AE24 HID, a dodgy 4d mag with p4 dropin annnd *drum roll** most likely wicked lasers' "the torch". Yeah it's all flood and only goes for 15 min BUT it's the size of a 2D mag, puts out 4100 lumens and cooks a mean fried egg. HAHA

As an aside...I've been salivating over the helios range for a lonnng time now and have been planning to buy one when money permits, which in all likelihood wont be before the meet but isn't outta the question either. So there's a chance I might even bring one of these babies along but a bigger chance I wont.

Cheers, I'll hopefully see you all there.

missionaryman

Enlightened
hey Joel,

good to hear you're coming - I should probbly pick you up on the way through from Blacktown. PM me if you want to do that.
You got a the torch - that's good I have the host and am currently gathering the arts to build one too.

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
Thats right... Its North Ryde not Turramurra!

I was thinking of the Kuringai Chase National Park up near Hornsby.

Wow, I really am a nerd... despite my misapprehension and the crazy mileage I thought I'd have to cover, I was still considering rocking up.

I reckon I'll just pop onto Homebush Bay Drive, over the Rhodes bridge, along Lane Cove rd and left into Yanko! Peica ****! 20km max. ha ha

Thanks for the inadvertant heads up Diceman, North Ryde's much friendlier.

In other news, I aint buying Wicked's torch. Seems like the lumen claims are somewhat exaggerated but, more importantly so is the battery life... grossly so.

If Missionary's project works out maybe he can build me one instead. Or perhaps I should direct the money toward the helios. Or perhaps for once I shouldnt buy anything!! Shock bloody horror!

Now that I've read this thread properly and I can't wait to have look at your xeray Diceman. Would you consider a swop for my aepl24? Think about it...;)

Also whoever owns the triple p7 setup, please dont forget to bring it along.

DiCEMAN

Newly Enlightened
haha, XeRay for an AE..... Ok, It did get about 6 milliseconds of consideration :):)

But I will let you have a play with it.

:devil:

thomashct

Newly Enlightened
Guys, I have got a short question I would like to ask all the sydney CPFers,this might be off topic but here we go.

I have got a 35W HID spotlight same as the one in this thread
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=182786

Now, I am having problem with the on board charging port (not charging up at all), I have tried with different power supplies but still no luck. I am guessing that the PCB that controls the charging has burn out?

Anyone here that knows a bit about electrical circuits that can help?

Last edited:

speshow

Newly Enlightened
Hello fellow Aussies!
While I am not able to attend (due to the fact that I live in Brisbane) I have a question for you all.
Where does source cr123 in Australia? I've ordered some flashlights that use 2x cr123 but I don't want to pay $10 per battery!
Thanks in advance!

speshow

Newly Enlightened
just a note. I would rather not bother with rechargables and just stick with name brand. I am also thinking about tenergy . Has anyone tried them in a light like he ma6? Or a9

Glen C

Enlightened
Speshow, Luke in this thread sells rechargeables but if you use your light in any volume it is much, much cheaper to go rechargeable.

What is a MA6?

kurni

Enlightened
just a note. I would rather not bother with rechargables and just stick with name brand. I am also thinking about tenergy . Has anyone tried them in a light like he ma6? Or a9

I don't see Tanergy as a name brand; it's all made in China and branded without customer service.

The link that thomashct gave you is the name brand, sure it's made in China but AW is a very respectable member of the forum. His products have been tested by many reputable CPFers, and AW always stands behind his product; top-notch customer service.

I cannot vouch AW rechargables any stronger than this; all my LiIon are AW.

speshow

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for hijacking this thread and sorry for not being a bit clearer (posting from my phone)
I've read quite a bit and know aw is known for high quality. I belive that primaries are more suited to my needs and am wondering if I would be able to find a cheaper source than 4sevens for name brand cells (panasonic) 51 AUS for 16.
What I am also considering is using tenergy for their price and was wonderig if anyone has used them in a relatively high draw application like tiablo ma6 or a9.