Sydney 2008 Get together

Glen C

Enlightened
I have the goretex out but also understand if it is teaming down, so will go with the majority either way. It may shorten the evening too much if it is too wet, somehow I thought this would be a relaxing summer evening where we could all shoot the breeze. I would probably prefer a nicer evening in that it will be more enjoyable and less endurance.

Rob187

Enlightened
Weather update:

There has been no rain in West Pymble since before 1.00pm. Sky is cloudy. The streets are basically dry and the grass is damp but not soaked. This is good. But I see from the weather radar that there is a rain front that is around the Orange-Bathurst area now, coming east. I would guess it will arrive around 6.00pm. Not so good.

I do another update around 6.00pm and a last one at 7.30pm when I head out to the park.

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Thanks Rob, I will be offline for an hour, have to collect my wife as she isn't feeling well, will check back 5.30 or so, but seems pretty hopeful with the weather :)

cutakanada

Newly Enlightened
Well, an update from (near) Pymble - its bucketing down at the moment (17:20), but the weather radar shows that the storm is moving quite quickly eastwards, so there is a good chance that it will have passed by 8pm

Cutakanada

Glen C

Enlightened
Guys I am going to withdraw from this and about 25% is weather related. My wife isn't feeling well and think I would be better served staying at home with her than being out till say 11pm. I have just called Cameron who I was taking and apologised, sorry I can't make it but think I would be burning the candle at both ends. In some ways I hope this is deferred as I would like to be there and see everything.
Cheers

Glen

Rob187

Enlightened
Weather update as at 6.15pm.

It started raining in West Pymble at 5.13pm and rained heavily for 10 minutes from 5.20pm to 5.30pm. It has rained lightly from 5.30pm until now and looking at the radar, I'd say that it will have stopped completely by 6.30pm. The rainfront will then have passed and it looks like there will be no more rain here for the forseeable future.

So, it will be a bit wet underfoot at the park - there are well made paths in the park, only the grass itself will be soggy - but not actually raining for the meet.

A final weather update around 7.30pm.

Glen C

Enlightened
Rob already stopped at Neutral Bay and looks ok (not clear) to the south, I think it should be ok

Rob187

Enlightened
Final update:

Weather looks like it is going to hold. I'll bring a towel to wipe down anything too wet.

Leaving now to set up. Bring a camera if you have one.

See you guys soon.

Rob187

Enlightened
Just back from the meet. The weather held for us which was nice. Good to meet you guys and see what other CPFers have.

I think DiCEMAN's Xeray was the most impressive light - again.

Kurni's Magmod was fantastic - the upscale proton. Very nice work there. kurni, can you please PM me the list of lights for the beamshots.

Also good to meet Luke and cutakanada and see their stuff.

My Gatlight Ti got a fair bit of interest and beat off all other single 123 lights in the output stakes.

There will be some beamshots posted in the near future.

A shame some more Sydneysiders couldn't make it but it was a good meet nonetheless.

Rob

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Had a good meet last night, it was great to meet some fellow Sydney siders!

Rob187, that Gatlight Ti is one great light!! The Arc 6 and Twisty were also great to see in the flesh...

Diceman, mate that Xeray is simply unbelievable! Guess who's scouring CPF for one...

Kurni, loved the maglight mod with the Red Center LED, nice work there mate!

Rob187

Enlightened
DiCEMAN has the photos (that worked - not all came out very well) and hopefully he will be posting some beamshots in the near future. As expected the HID lights are the best performers.

DiCEMAN

Newly Enlightened
HI Guys,

Sorry Rob, I haven't stopped this last week. I will have the pics up sometime over the weekend. Any news yet ?

DiCEMAN:candle:

DiCEMAN

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sydney 2008 Get together - Now With Beamshots

Hi Guys,

Finally, here are the beamshots of the big guns from the night.
There was a LOT of moisture in the air and a lot of reflections.
These shots sadly are only of the big stuff.
Cheers for the Pics Rob.

DiCEMAN.:cool:

10%20Million%20CP%20Spotlight_th.JPG

10 Million Candlepower Spotlight

2D%20Magmod%204%20x%20P4_th.JPG

2D MagMod - 4xP4's

35W%20HID%20Spotlight_th.JPG

35Watt HID Spotlight

WE%20Boxer_th.JPG

Wolf Eyes Boxer 24Watt

Xeray%20Diffuser_th.JPG

50Watt XeRay with Diffuser on

Xeray%20Spot_th.JPG

55Watt XeRay Set to SPOT.:devil:

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Diceman, That Xeray is smokin mate...

I'm still happy with my 35Watt HID though, good performance for the dollar...

Have a great week and Christmas fellas..