• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

T30vn

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys with the T30vn need to read HKJ's latest review. A super 26650!
Let me know if anyone finds it in the USA.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/5085268

Yes.. nice.. this battery is windy's fire new product line.. i like it.. i use windy fire 18350. Very good high drain cells..

Mtnelectronics sell 4200 mah shockli for $8.49. I sent email to mtnelectronnics to stock 5500 mah.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the T30vn this morning!

This is a solid feeling light that doesn't feel too big. 2x26650 sounds huge but in reality, it's a fingernail longer than the T21vn with a thicker tube. The head diameters are identical.
photo uploadercertificity.com

The tube is male threaded on both sides so I imagine the extension cannot replace the original, should it fail.
photo uploadingcertificity.com

Also, the diameter of the head and tail cap are different so you cannot flip the tube around... The reason for this is because the head has a different contact pattern than the tailcap that serves as a charger.

Head side. Note the raised springs on the outside: locking out the light requires a little more twist than anodized threads.
images uploadcertificity.com

Tail cap side. Notice it says the voltage is 7.4v and the capacity is 5000mah. 2500mah sounds a little lean for a 26650, no?
upload image onlinecertificity.com

I think NL went through the UI already. My only thing was that I'm getting strobe from OFF with a double click instead of a triple click... And that turbo can only be accessed from ON with a double click... And once in turbo, you cannot go back to the lower brightnesses without first turning off the light.

The brightness is awesome. Compared to the u21vn, the hotspot is definitely larger and it still has over 1000 useful lumens.

Ima hold back on the beamshots cuz I know you guys dont like CW like i do. :p

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be fully honest, I was hoping to get an extension and ask vinh to add driverVNX2 (considering the extension actually was connected in series with the original battery pack. I'm not quite so certain now).

Now tho, I'm thinking that would make the light a little long and there's already the m30cvn35t for long throwers. I'm kinda liking the way it is now.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handsome light, eekazum. Actually, a handsome pair with the T21vn. My T21vn should arrive by Wednesday.
Great description of the details.

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Got the T30vn this morning!

Ima hold back on the beamshots cuz I know you guys dont like CW like i do. :p

If not so trouble you, I would like to see beam shot comparison to T21VN side by side. Thank you.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
If not so trouble you, I would like to see beam shot comparison to T21VN side by side. Thank you.

That would be an interesting comparison. I have the T21vn and it's beam shot does look similar to the T30vn. The T21vn is a "must have" in my opinion.

Last edited:

MC408

Enlightened
That would be an interesting comparison. I have the T21vn and it's being shot does look similar to the T30vn. The T21vn is a "must have" in my opinion.

Glad you agree on the T21vn Madd, it's my first MC-R approved light. In order to stay on topic :p, I ordered a t30vn as well simply because the T21vn is my favorite and t30vn looks like it's big brother. Not quite the same lux but definitely a fat laser beam.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scooted my moron boss some work so I can have some free-time :p

This is the T21vn "swirly edition" (xpg2 pdt) (left) and the T30vn (xhp35 hi 6500) (right) from like 10 yards away.
print screen windowscertificity.com

And this is from like 60 yards away (total guess, it might be more or less)
free image uploadcertificity.com

Disclaimer: I just realized that I had never once charged my T30vn! Just posting these pics as comparisons of beam patterns and such.

Last edited:

flybird

Newly Enlightened

This is the T21vn "swirly edition" (xpg2 pdt) (left) and the T30vn (xhp35 hi 6500) (right) from like 10 yards away.

Disclaimer: I just realized that I had never once charged my T30vn! Just posting these pics as comparisons of beam patterns and such.

Thank you for the beam shot.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the beam shots @eekazum wow the T21vn really does have a tight hot spot. looks great! Can someone direct me to any night beam shots of the T21vn?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the beam shots @eekazum wow the T21vn really does have a tight hot spot. looks great! Can someone direct me to any night beam shots of the T21vn?
I'll try to get you half decent shots of the T21vn with the Manker U21vn and Eagletac M30C2vnT on Friday night and post them in the T21vn thread.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else notice sparks when trying to charge their t30vn? The contacts are kinda close together so I was careful attaching the magnet but I keep getting a quick flash each time.

edit: I just measured the output at the ac charger: 12vdc (it actually looks like it's pulsing between 11.8v and 12.2v). My best guess is that this is to match the car charger. The tailcap was measuring something under a volt (~0.7v or so) so there's probably circuitry inside to prevent shorts if both terminals of the tailcap touch metal or something.

While I'm happy to see Acebeam isn't skimping on safety, I'm kinda worried about those sparks.

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great illustrative pics.

Also I'm glad to see the "swirly edition" note.
First time I got my t21vn and hit a white wall... swirls describes it. It's great at its main purpose but short range is a little weird.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else notice sparks when trying to charge their t30vn? The contacts are kinda close together so I was careful attaching the magnet but I keep getting a quick flash each time.

edit: I just measured the output at the ac charger: 12vdc (it actually looks like it's pulsing between 11.8v and 12.2v). My best guess is that this is to match the car charger. The tailcap was measuring something under a volt (~0.7v or so) so there's probably circuitry inside to prevent shorts if both terminals of the tailcap touch metal or something.

While I'm happy to see Acebeam isn't skimping on safety, I'm kinda worried about those sparks.

i kind of hear sparks too.. it wasnt loud or anything.. i like this t30vn.. another great light from the acebeam..