• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tana eMt1 module for Surefire M1 IR Illuminator

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, drillbitz11....

I'd stay away from trying to bore that tiny lip from inside - it's too close to the lens and since it's press-fit, finding a replacement would not be easy... but even if it succeed, the bored lip would be shiny bare alu - would create some rainbow effects in the beam, probably...

To properly execute it, the best approach would be to punch the lens out, bore the lip, cover with non-reflective surface then press-fit replacement lens in it's place... but that beats the whole purpose of the drop-in module, honestly...

It's a minor gain, honestly - although that lost percentage might sound a lot to some, the idea is to keep M1 ready for it's stock setup, pull eMt1 and re-fit with original IR module...

EDIT:
Thanks everybody for nice words (Str8stroke, Tobrien, hakyru, greatscoot)...

Last edited:

drillbitz11

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will these modules run on rcr123's and IMR16340's? Or can the drivers be set up to run on them? I never use primaries so I would care if I lost the ability to do so.
Thanks

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... I have two more of these awesome reflectors and then - not sure if I'll be able to restock... placed an order for them two months ago and got refunded already; maybe in close future...

As for cell selection, they are optimized for single li-ion cell, preferably 16340 but will work with high quality RCR - if it can withstand the current on high (but that can be lowered to 1 Amp instead of 1.4 Amps to insure it does)...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are so nice! If you have a M1 or were ever thinking of a M1, better buy it now! lol The drop in takes less than a minute to swap out. You can always go back to IR if you choose.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha!! That is awesome. It makes this light a great EDC! I just realized that I didn't post that pic in this thread and I meant to do that. So here ya go:

2F04B4A5-38FB-4FC8-B135-2F81049A34AD_zpsdiiviufu.jpg

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tarik,
I can't help myself when it comes to your creations. If you still have one left I will take it. I always thought the M1 was a really cool looking light. I will send email regarding specifics.

:paypal:

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today and as usual another spectacular work of art. Not only that, the tint is fantastic and the fit was perfect.
Tana Thanks again.

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today and as usual another spectacular work of art. Not only that, the tint is fantastic and the fit was perfect.
Tana Thanks again.

:thumbsup:

It appears greatscoot scored the last one. Any chance you'll be doing another run of these?

PM replied...

-

I believe that's all of it... I can't find this reflector any more... Fingers crossed I can find similar or same soon...

WoodMotorsports

Newly Enlightened
So very cool to get my Croatia postmarked package today! Finally (only one week actually) I can put this M1 back together.

Not the only TNT module in the house:

M1 beside it's smaller brother:

Not sure why I took this one, but here it is anyway:

Thank you Tana for making this M1 useful!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
So very cool to get my Croatia postmarked package today! Finally (only one week actually) I can put this M1 back together.

Not the only TNT module in the house:

M1 beside it's smaller brother:

Not sure why I took this one, but here it is anyway:

Thank you Tana for making this M1 useful!

:thumbsup:

Awesome !!!

Thank you, James... hope they serve you well and long...