• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tana eMt1 module for Surefire M1 IR Illuminator

Tim W

Enlightened
Hi Tana,

I just received one of your M1 modules and M1 surefire from the marketplace and have a question.

I currently am waiting on a new batch of rechargeable 123's, so have been playing with this with a 3v primary battery.

The unit is labelled 1.4 amps, which should be OK with primaries, but after about 3-4 seconds on High it flashes several times and goes to medium. Is this normal, or should I wait until I get some 3.7v rechargeables?

Thanks,
Tim

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana,

I just received one of your M1 modules and M1 surefire from the marketplace and have a question.

I currently am waiting on a new batch of rechargeable 123's, so have been playing with this with a 3v primary battery.

The unit is labelled 1.4 amps, which should be OK with primaries, but after about 3-4 seconds on High it flashes several times and goes to medium. Is this normal, or should I wait until I get some 3.7v rechargeables?

Thanks,
Tim

You'll need li-ion cell like AW IMR 16340 for proper operation, what you see with single primary is low voltage protection where light is lowering output every time the cell is below 3V and cuts off at around 2.8V completely...

46n2

Newly Enlightened
Are these still up for sale? I've had an M1 for years and never used it. Now I have purpose again!:eek:oo:

AussieRanga

Enlightened
Hmm..I was thinking heaps about this one a few weeks ago but looks like I completely forgot to post THIS LINK - what you think bro?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm..I was thinking heaps about this one a few weeks ago but looks like I completely forgot to post THIS LINK - what you think bro?

Eh, that looks promising... but I've never heard about this vendor... I might order few samples and see how it goes... apparently they are located in Russia...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also sent them few questions thru their Contact Us thing and - no reply... since they don't have ANY contact info about them (only way of contact is to leave message on their side like I did - and they didn't reply so far) I'd say - this is a bogus site and I've decided to steer away... for now...

Too bad... I was rather hyped when I saw that reflector "in stock"... :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
46n2, I spent over 2 hours scouring the webz and messaging people trying to help find the reflector he needs. So far no luck. They may pop back up in stock somewhere. Keep checking back.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first realized that I may not be able to get them from original vendor, I went all around looking for replacement... and couldn't find anything...

46n2

Newly Enlightened
New year, new me! Tana, str8stroke, any word on what's going on with this thread?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found some different reflectors from one vendor that might do the trick...

Check back to this thread in a month or so, I should have samples with me, I'll be back home and will be more certain if I can use new shape reflector - it might work - it just depends of how good of beam profile it shapes with commonly used LEDs... fingers crossed...