• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

This sounds awesome Tana… I want to send you my Haiku for a triple 219B with H17F.. Do you use a lens and O-ring over the optics? How do you prefer to be contacted? Thanks!

Oh, yeah... stock lens and o-ring is involved in process... :)

Sounds great. How do I go about ordering one then?

Best to switch to email for details and such... hit me at: [email protected]

EDIT: Add CPF nick in email, just so I know who is who when I reply... :)

P.S.
Aleph 3 does NOT like XPL HI... 219C on the other hand focus about the same as old LEDs... need to try XPG2 and XPL HD for fun (doing it right now)...

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: TNT Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

Best to switch to email for details and such... hit me at: [email protected]

EDIT: Add CPF nick in email, just so I know who is who when I reply... :)

P.S.
Aleph 3 does NOT like XPL HI... 219C on the other hand focus about the same as old LEDs... need to try XPG2 and XPL HD for fun (doing it right now)...

Thanks. I was thinking more of XPL-Hi for my Aleph-1. How does it focus in that?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. I was thinking more of XPL-Hi for my Aleph-1. How does it focus in that?

Just slightly further (10cm?) until proper focus compared to stock setup in Aleph-1...

easilyled

Flashaholic

Just slightly further (10cm?) until proper focus compared to stock setup in Aleph-1...

Thanks very much for testing it in both Aleph1 & 3. It doesn't sound like its the ideal single emitter of choice from your replies so maybe its not that wise for me to consider it. :(

EDIT: Please let me know if you find any alternative single emitter upgrades to XM-L2s and XP-G2s which are what I'm using at present. They'd have to provide a noticable improvement in throw/output or both for the upgrade to be worthwhile I think.

Last edited:

Newly Enlightened

Think I'll be upgrading to a triple now after reading this! Thanks @archimedes for the heads up!

Ladd

Enlightened

:paypal: thanks for making these available!

jso902

Enlightened

Tana, how's the triple run time? Can you use cr123's

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tana, how's the triple run time? Can you use cr123's

Same output as my e-series TripLEDs (same components)...

Single IMR 16340 (newest AW 15C version highly recommended) cell use only with Haiku TripLED...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, to everybody, I'm officially retiring stupid acronym TNT from my builds !!!

My semi-programmable firmware is getting a simple Tana3 firmware name...

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

what tint are the leds that your using?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

what tint are the leds that your using?

Only sky is the limit (or whatever good vendors have in stock, if I don't have them with me already)... :thumbsup:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

NOTE:

We all know PayPal is enforcing some special policies and we have to play along... bare in mind, so far I've discovered THREE terms that when mentioned in notes during payment, the payment will be put on hold and declined couple of days later...

So DON'T use terms: ALEPH, DAMASCUS and TRITIUM in notes - ever...

I also retired my original name of my semi-prog firmware from GroupTNT to Tana3 - JUST to make sure they don't think that someone is buying trinitroroluene...

This might be a good theme for a new thread for somewhere on CPF to help people avoid misunderstandings with PayPal and their policies... anyone wants to start that thread - feel free... I can confirm term ALEPH creates issues but I was told DAMASCUS and TRITIUM in notes also created issues...

AussieRanga

Enlightened
Aleph is a phychedelic substance and Tritium is radioactive.. As for Damascus, there's probably a 'reason' but I don't know it off the top of my head..

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipped a Surefire L1 gen2 and a Haiku head yesterday
to the Tana Workshop. Cant wait to get them tripled.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipped a Surefire L1 gen2 and a Haiku head yesterday
to the Tana Workshop. Cant wait to get them tripled.