• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
What optic are you using for the Haiku triples?

Carclo optics, 10507 in particular...

However, they are mechanically machined to fit inside Haiku head so - no trits in stubs (they are at half size after grinded to fit)... also no room for GITD around the optics like I do in e-series...

murrydan

Newly Enlightened
Carclo optics, 10507 in particular...

However, they are mechanically machined to fit inside Haiku head so - no trits in stubs (they are at half size after grinded to fit)... also no room for GITD around the optics like I do in e-series...

Ahh, I see now, you reduce the diameter of the posts, not the length. Thanks for the info.

stoli67

Enlightened
Re: TNT Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

Have you any more info on the driver - Dr.Jones's H17F with LuciDrv2 firmware?

Stoli67

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Re: TNT Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

I like that Red setup… What a fantastic mod. I think it was my Haiku you saw 1st during one of your visits?
If I'd known back then, I'd still have it. Lot of work getting these done right & well worth the effort.:thumbsup:

For Boys and Girls... :)

JRRsix7

Newly Enlightened
I don't think this was covered here, but maybe so. Can we order an entire light direct from you? Or do we need to order a host from Don? Thanks for your help!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think this was covered here, but maybe so. Can we order an entire light direct from you? Or do we need to order a host from Don? Thanks for your help!

I only mod and can't handle ordering hosts and then selling complete... so best course of action is to buy from Don and then mail Haiku head my way, like I've been doing Surefire's for past 4-5 years... just in case, this is Don's page with prices and contact info:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...mo-Available-Lights-Pricing-and-Ordering-Info

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:hitit:
McGizmo Haiku just came home from a trip from Tana Workshop!
TripLed Nichia 219B 4000K +92CRI.
H17F driver with LuciDrv2 firmware.
Quick turnaround and spotless craftsmanship as always.
Output on High is around 800 lumens at 3Amps (around 1200 lumens with XPL HI),
but this LED is just - beautiful and high color rendition.
It could be programmed full monkey running around 5A through the host at user's risk!
I'm not going full monkey as 3A is plenty bright for me.
For those wondering Full monkey is around 1400 lumens with these LEDs (over 2000 Lumens with XPL HI)... Beam me up scotty!
lovecpf

Last edited:

hard_six

Newly Enlightened

Single IMR 16340 (newest AW 15C version highly recommended) cell use only with Haiku TripLED...

Anyone know the best place to obtain this battery?

ven

Flashaholic

Awesome Morpheus, congrats :D

Is the head sent empty(remove the engine what is in) before shipping? Or is it shipped as is?

Cheers

ven

Flashaholic

Arh ignore, just re-read the opening page which has been updated since i had last looked!!
:)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arh ignore, just re-read the opening page which has been updated since i had last looked!!
:)

OK, now I know how you piled up 12,725 posts in 3 years... :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Old school McGizmo giving a new light... XPL HI (works awesome with stock reflector, great throw) + 1.4Amp driver with Tana3 firmware... simple twisty operation, twist off/on to progress mode...

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice work Tarik! Breathing life into these old gems :)