The 4Sevens and Foursevens Picture and Random Question Thread?

Re: The 4Sevens and FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

There's a seller on ebay with some Clicks. His listing indicates he's able to reprogram them. I haven't interacted with him, so have no further information.

EDIT: The seller has quite a few new Foursevens lights, and is located about 30 miles from Foursevens mailing address.

~ ChAnce

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

xJSdh7A.jpg

6dG8k5F.jpg

Turbo out today at dusk going into night street jogging.

GVsgtSO.jpg

OyO7FQA.jpg

Now that I had more time to evaluate 3 of them wondering what their jobs will be. Everyone needs a home after all.

1. The Turbo. The larger bezel is easier to manipulate when on the fly jogging in 20 degree weather or inside a house. It can tail stand and allow for a lanyard. It has great throw. But on the down side it's the greenest tint of the lot. Also wonder why not use another LED if throw was the goal. Or maybe it wasn't as the beam is still good for near work as well. Somehow I think it would make a great pack UL micro thrower when using a headlamp with more flood. Yea know those times when snow or newly fallen autumn leaves hide the trail. Or if looking for a stream crossing point at night (not recommended but have done it returning late fly fishing). I don't have room in my fly fishing summer kit for a full thrower but this is so small.

2. PK Knight. With the "attack bezel" removed and the finger jabbing clip screwed in the bezel it's now comfortable to carry. The twisty/clicky thing reminds me of a 6P but different. It operates super smooth. Best beam profile of any small light pocket light I own. Tint is ok (for a XM-L but they always want to shift green near the center). Like the memory mode and two mode option. Can easily enter "hidden modes" even in the middle of jogging. Fast recovery for the memory mode. Easy lock out. It seems really efficient (listed runtimes in the low mode). On the downside I will never.... never understand why anyone would think an EDC needs 4 disco modes but not an actual low mode. Maybe a good option for some of my larger PSKs like the brawler which now has a 1XCR123/AA Quark. It's smaller plus locks out and has the modes I most use when on the move over rough ground. The risk of mechanical injury is too great at times to try low low mode stuff. Well for me anyways. Got a few so can stuff one in a larger PSK and keep another in EDC rotation.

3. Mini MKII. The NW is better than CW though kinda had better NWs. Still it's the best tint of all. Don't like that I can't tail stand and lanyard carry unless I drill a hole in the clip. Copper threads are tighter (though kinda smooth) than the Al Turbo. Really like how it contrasts with the gutted DIY paracord lanyard. Coolness is no small thing.

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, I'm not the last kid on the block to know. No horse in this race yet, just a bunch of Quark Pro's and Tacticals. But very curious.

Hey reppans - wazzuuup?

We're probably all saying the same thing - I just haven't experienced a memory mode 47s light that didn't SnapBack to first in sequence out of the: Penlight, Click and Mini MKIIs - and that manual spec sequence is important to describe how the UI will behave, and which mode is first in that sequence, therefore the SnapBack mode, and the modes that follow.

For example if my Click were programmed to L-M-H, it will cycle as follows: L, M, H, L, M, OFF, M, L, M, H, etc.
However, if it were programmed to H-L-M, it will cycle H, L, M, H, L, OFF, L, H, L, M, etc.
And of course a M-H-L programming would cycle M, H, L, M, H, OFF, H, M, H, L etc.

Even though all examples will continously loop cycle "L, M, H" the behavior will be markly different in practical use. The first example would be good for us low lumen night vision guys, second example might be good for the tactical or paranoid types, and third example good for the high lumen folks that only need low occasionally (eg, to conserve batts).

Is it possible that what you're experiencing is merely mode skipping? Also, do you have a Click that's programed with more than two modes?

~ Chance

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah figured out how to program them - at least the iterations I own.. In respect for David and Co., bit my lip until the line was sold out and frankly I think we should wait a bit more for everything to wrap up for the OldCo first. Anyways, may be moot as few seem to own the light, or are interest in reprogramming it.

Mode skipping? No, they work like they are supposed to - mode memory with the usual 47s 'SnapBack' to first mode in sequence when cycling from a memorized mode. I like the first gen Clicks most...a few things changed in later generations that were not to my unique preferences.

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool! I'll be interested in seeing how that works. Sure does beat me why David would not release that as a feature, as a ton of people (me included) would want to buy them with that capability. Not so much the way they were released. I don't really think he was expecting to make a ton of money off people paying him for custom programming. Ah well, too late now.

Cool! I'll be interested in seeing how that works. Sure does beat me why David would not release that as a feature, as a ton of people (me included) would want to buy them with that capability. Not so much the way they were released. I don't really think he was expecting to make a ton of money off people paying him for custom programming. Ah well, too late now.

I'm just thinking out loud.... I wonder if it had something to do with the conditions of the lawsuit. Again, just wondering. I've never read anything along those lines.

~ CG

Yeah figured out how to program them - at least the iterations I own.. In respect for David and Co., bit my lip until the line was sold out and frankly I think we should wait a bit more for everything to wrap up for the OldCo first. Anyways, may be moot as few seem to own the light, or are interest in reprogramming it.

Mode skipping? No, they work like they are supposed to - mode memory with the usual 47s 'SnapBack' to first mode in sequence when cycling from a memorized mode. I like the first gen Clicks most...a few things changed in later generations that were not to my unique preferences.

Hee hee! I, myself - :tinfoil:, had a bit of a learning curve-flat-spot with changing modes. Suffice to say, it took a bit of practice and some helpful instruction from member NutSAK.

I got my technique down and everything. I don't be skipping or nothing.

~ Cg

Woods Walker

Good news. Looks like my last order of those two 18 dollar Turbos shipped. 4/7 CS also said they would ship the order in limbo. Like last time they created a new order and now I can see it in my account. But can anything make it here before the big day. Is the rainbow mini doomed despite my best attempts to save it. Do I even want a Ti light? The ridiculous first world problem saga continues.....

Woods Walker

Looks like they sent tracking numbers and everything. Edit. You might be in limbo as can't believe I am the only person who this happened to. I bet the order volume was high.

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's a seller on ebay with some Clicks. His listing indicates he's able to reprogram them. I haven't interacted with him, so have no further information.

EDIT: The seller has quite a few new Foursevens lights, and is located about 30 miles from Foursevens mailing address.

~ ChAnce
He's legit. He was an employee of mine doing it with my blessing.

Woods Walker

He's legit. He was an employee of mine doing it with my blessing.

That's good enough for me to buy. Edit. Order placed SS Stainless Standard Mini MkII.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

I got my last 4 flashlights ordered from 4/7 today. Thanks to whoever stayed on to make sure the job got done. The two 18 dollar Turbos and finally the order from 12/7 with the Al Mini mk2 battery/charger set. The EBay SS Mini Mk2 has been shipped. So now to decide. Do I give my uncle the Rainbow Ti or the Al Mini kit or a Turbo? Maybe a Turbo as it has the most WOW factor. Then again I have an extra Knight. Not sure. Another pro is on a whim ordered a P2 in the 12/07 order and this time it works. At the time totally didn't need it as got two. One for a gift another for me. With one DOA that meant I didn't have one. So at least I own a working P2 now. That was a bad BF for flashlights. The worst being the Surefire Backfire Black Friday Debacle which is still on going. In the end bought too many for myself. I guess they could be spread around the house, vehicles and packs. Posting mobile and typing fast so will check for grammar later. LOL

http2

Newly Enlightened

For many people, the CR123A is still an unfamiliar battery. Unless your uncle has his own supply of CR123A batteries, my guess it that he would appreciate the recharging capability (and battery independence) provided by the flex charger & RCR123A battery if you were to give him any variant of the Mark II Mini. Also, you would need the proprietary RCR123A battery to have the full lumen output potential of this family of flashlights. If the Rainbow Ti package were more similar to the Al Mark II Mini Combo packaging, I would consider swapping the lights and gifting the Rainbow Ti as a self-assembled flashlight/recharger combo pack (or you could try to stuff the flex charger and RCR123A battery into the Rainbow Ti packaging). If he already has his own CR123A batteries, he might like the click activation capabilities of the Knight unless he has a lot of finger dexterity (for one-hand activation of twist lights). Disclaimer: I do not own any of the above lights.

Woods Walker

He is familiar with CR123 and has lights. Fenix and Armytek though it was disappointing to see an Atomic beam on the table last time I stopped by. I went with the Turbo as it's very very easy to work. Smooth as silk.

Woods Walker

ORByENn.jpg

When the SS shows up I will be just like the cool kids with a pile-o-minis.... not sure what I am going to do with um... Guess that's part of the fun.

QwOl6Wc.jpg

The AL has the UI with snap back on sequence 6. The copper the rainbow do not. The threads on the Ti are... well just like the reports say... One of the reasons why I kept it and gifted the Turbo. A bit too hard for an older person to fight in the cold etc. The Al is silky smooth and copper smooth but tighter. I am seeing why Al has always been my pick for pure functionality. Light weight, good heat transfer and cheaper. The only cost IMHO is chipping in the anodizing if dropped and so what..... The tint on the Al is ok for CW. There appears to be the tint lottery for NW. The Rainbow has a really really nice NW tint. Copper is ok but shifts a bit green. It's still ok but the Rainbow is perfect in the tint department. Overall nice lights. Hope they don't vanish from the market but I have a life supply. Hope the SS is also good.

Last edited: