The 5mm Challenge

nbp

Flashaholic
OOOH OOOH OOOH!!! ME ME ME, PICK ME ME! I know what it is! You have to pick your most powerful flashlight and use it on high for a week!!!

(It's a punishment for those who said they needed more light than a 5mm...you get more light than you can handle!! Muahahaha! So much light you can't take it! :devil: )

(Like when Homer sold his soul to the Devil for a donut and then when he was taken to Hell his punishment was to eat donuts non-stop...except then he ate all the donuts in Hell. :shrug: Who knew?)

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
OOOH OOOH OOOH!!! ME ME ME, PICK ME ME! I know what it is! You have to pick your most powerful flashlight and use it on high for a week!!!

(It's a punishment for those who said they needed more light than a 5mm...you get more light than you can handle!! Muahahaha! So much light you can't take it! :devil: )

(Like when Homer sold his soul to the Devil for a donut and then when he was taken to Hell his punishment was to eat donuts non-stop...except then he ate all the donuts in Hell. :shrug: Who knew?)

Man, I read Homer and the first thing I think of is the Illiad....donut's didn't register. LOL

It took me a minute to get to the Simpsons. :ironic:

nbp

Flashaholic
That's what you guys get for thinkin' all smart like; with yer fancy classical literature 'n all. :nana:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The question is, will the next challenge be able to be posted in this sub forum? :) Or will we have to look elsewhere to find it? :)

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wade I asked the same question also . . . Which brings up, will the next challange be a 5mm??? Or will Carrot change the thread title to reflect the new challange?:shrug:
T-Minus about 8 hours, and anxiously awaiting.
The question is, will the next challenge be able to be posted in this sub forum? :) Or will we have to look elsewhere to find it? :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not even sure how I'd EDC my M6 for a week. Only know two guys who make holsters for it. One stopped making them, the other ripped off a bunch of CPFers and didn't deliver the goods.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I failed big time saturday. Big family event, my uncle was playing with his new compact camera that has some interesting functions, and to test something I pulled out my V10R without even thinking about the challenge ;)
A cousin of my dad was very impressed, he said he'd never seen such a small light being that bright.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a hint: I expect people to be using more batteries than usual this next challenge!

Ha! It must be the MiniMag Incandescent challenge! Same 10 lumens but this time yellow and ringy!

No thanks! I already did that for several years of my life.

carrot

Flashaholic
Apologies for me not being an active participant in my own thread... it's been a busy and tiring week at work. I have read every one of your responses and it fills me with joy to see people out there having fun with this challenge, and even better, rediscovering lights that may have been gathering dust on the shelves and gaining new appreciation for them.

I'd like to thank everyone for making this thread such a joy to participate in and I'd also like to invite everyone to participate in the new challenge. Also, for anyone who has not participated in this challenge yet, or would like to continue talking about it, feel free!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I might could do it. I have a way old ARC AAA hanging from my beltloop with a key to the truck. And I have an AA Infinity as well.

IF they let me see the trailer tires and brakes I can do it.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a little late to the party as well...I bought a couple of E01s for this challenge, and have been using them for a few days (other than work, I just need something a little brighter at times, so I use my ROV Highbeam 3W 2AA), and I can see why people like these little lights! The purple beam isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be in practical use, and it really isn't that different than using my other more high powered lights, because I usually use those on the lower levels anyway.

Only a couple more days to go for this challenge, and I'll have to make a decision as far as incan goes...might just put a P60 in either my 6P, or my C2, since I have several kicking around, or maybe buy an E1E. Have to think about that one.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Failed the challenge in the second day! Needed a quick look at my car engine and 10l, just wasnt enough :shakehead

Latest posts