The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

Anyway guys, how do you guys store your flashlights? So far I only have 3 big light, 1 coming. I store all my flashlights in the portable lunch cooler nylon box. Lol. 25 m x 25m x 14 m. It fits well, but I may need bigger one later.
Plano pistol cases....
63a01f6e200ee23c89744eac582835bf.jpg

c64b010e571f94c8037174d0343bd05c.jpg

ven

Flashaholic

That is an awesome sight to behold !!! Love it MAD:D

I need to get some organising done ! Do they do suitcase Plano's ?!?

ven

Flashaholic

:laughing:

I actually dont have that many!!! a lot of standard lights have been and gone over the last couple of years...........

Some collections are crazy on here, make me look like a new starter:p

But if you asked how many i have, i have not counted so i dont know :laughing:

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened

I need to send a package to vinh, but already threw out the packaging that my last light came in. Could anybody pm me vinh's address?

VNguyen

Enlightened

After looking at some of the pictures u took the past few days Ven, u have quite a few my friend. I wouldn't count them that way u don't feel bad about the spending hehe[emoji1]

Saul Good

Enlightened

Anyway guys, how do you guys store your flashlights? So far I only have 3 big light, 1 coming. I store all my flashlights in the portable lunch cooler nylon box. Lol. 25 m x 25m x 14 m. It fits well, but I may need bigger one later.

I use a Pelican 1450 case to haul around the ones I take camping, bunting, etc.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I usually have them in my ready to go backpack or mounted on my helmet and bars behehe.
Or super hidden in my car so they won't (hopefully)be stolen in the city.
My collection is small and of smallish lights and very well/often used.

I randomly used my m2500vn DeDomed mtg2 on a post surf walk and was reminded how AWESOME the beam and tint (very yellow and high contrast) are for tight bushy trails.
The poison oak is going nuts after El Niño this year and having good neutral warm flood really helps to avoid it.

I'd like the m2500vn over the CQVN of it weren't for the 2cell requirement.
The hotspot from the mtg2 is around the same size even DeDomed and the reflector makes it punchier than the optic yet still has a soft transition to spill from the OP.

Does anyone know if Richard from mtn or anyone is still working on a decent boost driver?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

http://postimage.org/

http://postimage.org/

Couple weeks ago I bought a Surefire Z2 on the market place. Surprisingly it came with one of my original P60. I started business on CPF building direct driven P60 with XML2. I remember ordering complete P60 from Manafont for $16. Had to pick this expensive version to salvage the reflector and pill because the reflector focus so well for me at the time. I would toss the original terrible PWM circuit. Solder filled the brass pill, and install my hand cut PCB boards that I buy from radio shack as a sheet. The final product was a very bright P60 single mode sold for $40. Sold so many of these and now one is back in my hands. Definitely keeping this one for memories.

BarryG

Enlightened

Great story Vinh.
I still have a P60 TIR that I got from you years ago! It has an XP-G if I remember correctly.
How many TRI P60's did you make? I haven't heard of any others.

Barry

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Great story Vinh.
I still have a P60 TIR that I got from you years ago! It has an XP-G if I remember correctly.
How many TRI P60's did you make? I haven't heard of any others.

Barry

I cant remember much...LOL

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those original DD with a low res switch and good cell are pretty bright even after all of these years I'd bet!
U should do a measurement on it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.