The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

Thread lubrication?

Am I not doing something I should be?
What? You don't lay all your flashlights out on the dining room table each week to clean & lube the threads?

JUST KIDDING!
(if you do, don't let your wife catch you)

I bought a 3 ounce tube to use only if I notice anything different when changing batteries. I added this item to my Last Will & Testament because it will be 3/4 full when I die!

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

i honestly dont think i have ever had the need to lube more than 1 or 2 threads in 4 years and 250+ lights

lol... shelf queen much? :p

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

What? You don't lay all your flashlights out on the dining room table each week to clean & lube the threads?

JUST KIDDING!
(if you do, don't let your wife catch you)

I bought a 3 ounce tube to use only if I notice anything different when changing batteries. I added this item to my Last Will & Testament because it will be 3/4 full when I die!

Lol! I just ordered a tube because it's part of the flashaholic's uniform. :D

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vaseline works good enough for me. I hardly have to lube any threads anyway

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use either the SuperLube Synthetic Grease or the Radioshack needle-tip precision lubricator(less dirty over time compared to grease).

NICSAK

Enlightened

Hey guys first post here. I have spent the last couple weeks reading almost every topic in Vinhs section. Wish I could buy every light he makes! I'm a newbie flashaholic but have no v54 lights yet. Just started my collection a couple months ago and currently have a s1, s2, xt11s, and mini intimidator 2. Would like my next lights to be the t6vn and a VN flooder but can't decide which one. Vinh, have you considered doing a video review of flooders?

NICSAK

Enlightened

My wife was not too happy at first but she's coming around [emoji51] starting to enjoy them almost as much as me. Ok maybe not but she will get there.

NICSAK

Enlightened

I can't believe some of the collections you guys have. Very jealous. Just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum for all the great information you share.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys first post here..... Would like my next lights to be the t6vn and a VN flooder but can't decide which one. Vinh, have you considered doing a video review of flooders?

Welcome NICSAK to the dark side... I mean, the bright side! LOL
I have the T6vn and highly recommend it. Tons of throw and with plenty of spill. Laser beam throwers shoot far but don't light up enough area to identify what you're looking at, whereas the T6vn has a very large hot spot that's much more practical.

Flooders give lots of lumens and with that comes lots of heat. Flooders are used mostly on low & medium, reserving turbo for short periods. Of course medium on Vinh's lights are like turbo on stock lights.
I have the TN32UTvn. A Coke can size light with nearly 12,000 lumen, that will turn night into day, for about 1 minute before becoming too hot to hold. But low & medium make the nicest, smooth glow all around. The MM15vn is another very popular flooder.

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened

Hey guys first post here. I have spent the last couple weeks reading almost every topic in Vinhs section. Wish I could buy every light he makes! I'm a newbie flashaholic but have no v54 lights yet. Just started my collection a couple months ago and currently have a s1, s2, xt11s, and mini intimidator 2. Would like my next lights to be the t6vn and a VN flooder but can't decide which one. Vinh, have you considered doing a video review of flooders?

V Dizzle is working on a flooders video right now actually. Taking a little longer becuase we talked him into doing it in English lol.

NICSAK

Enlightened

Great info Mad777!! Can't wait for the T6vn! Looks like an amazing light like I'm sure all Vinhs lights are! Great to hear your working on a video for flooders Vinh. Thanks for all you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.