The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ven

Flashaholic
Re: The Lounge

Its a funny one the tmo3, i am trying to like it but there is something stopping me...........Nice-ish looking light other than the body reminding me of an ultrafire knock off, head looks a nice design and the xhp70 is a winner. Battery bit does not do it any favors either...........

With drivervnx2(or 3) and a hi cri xhp70, it would be a winner and help ease the special battery required. Think its a bit pricey for realistically a 1200lm light...............the burst wont be good for that long, and thats if your finger holding down the button does not get tired.

ven

Flashaholic

Yea. The thing is I don't like cryos copper z44, so I am going with surefire z44 flat stainless...

I know what you mean, it suits some lights more than others, but it does give it a more original look and serves a useful purpose with heat...............and adds some weight too. The 6p is just classic as is ...........

ven

Flashaholic

Must admit the other seraph host with that 6p body does it for me, real class..........love it!

ven

Flashaholic

Do you use a light at work newlumen, for welding is it? If so a mule would be a great tool for flooding close up

ven

Flashaholic

Right, hook line and.............

Mule is just a wall of light, optics gives a huge hot spot, as your more a throw guy, possibly a quad cpl HI with optics is more you! Still can flood an area close up, just more intense as a little more concentrated.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I am going with quad mule. Xpl 4000 k or xpl pdt +dual xpl v6 dome on ??? Which one is the best?

ven

Flashaholic

I think I am going with quad mule. Xpl 4000 k or xpl pdt +dual xpl v6 dome on ??? Which one is the best?

Depends what you mean by best, imo the 4000k is nicer for colours, the v6 will be brighter..............so it is down to what uses really. Either way 100% ouput is for short uses, so think what maybe longer uses at 15% and 30% would be used for. Being a quad, for me its closer up stuff so within say 50ft of uses. Tint for me us more important as you can see colours better and see them better for being closer to you(than 200m away for example).

If it blends right and presuming the v6 is 7000k, then you would be looking maybe at 5500k ish in tint.

If it was me right now, i would get 2x 4000k and 2 x 5000k or all 4 of either 4000 or 5000k............thats me though and totally subjective.

You will really see colours better at 5000k and better still at 4000k..............6000k or higher for example can wash colours out, make them a bit faded close up.

Last edited:

VNguyen

Enlightened

I went with the 6000k mule. 4000k to me is too warm. The 2x2 quad would be interesting though.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes those are both very attractive lights. Well done Newlumen... I thought for sure it was OG who bought that.

Hey has anyone ever purchased anything from AliExpress? It's one of the few sites where I've been able to find a Sunwayman M11R Ti Dream and Jetbeam TCR-20 and 21 titanium lights that I've been searching for. Not sure if I can trust this site though because everywhere else I've found the Ti Dream the price was much higher, and they were all sold out. Then I check out AliExpress and they have 100 pieces available AND a much lower price. Smells fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.