The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

Hey MAD, who does your fingernails? I'm very impressed.... you should see mine. lol) nice flashlight!

I'm jealous. Not about the flashlight or the trip to the American River, which are both awesome btw. It's the cells!

I've been doing a rain dance but it's not working.

zx16bc.jpg

Aecbeam EC60vn beam shots coming up next.....
Your are damaged from battery abuse:)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

EC60vn

Shots taken with LG G5 (flash off) Distances measured by Bushnell Tour Z6

@155 feet. This first pic is the most accurate representation of the featured product.
34eruc2.jpg

Standard house shot @ 150 feet (light aimed at bedroom window)
vxnbpj.jpg

Oops I accidentally left the flash on for this one. Posting to show the difference that makes.
148 feet
2ag2n0m.jpg

Big tree is 358 feet away
dhbrls.jpg

Something extra...

This spider built its web across a 30 foot area from my basketball poll (not pictured) to the tree at right. Pretty cool I thought.
2v3g9ae.jpg

^^For anyone who doesn't know (I didn't until this year, but now I do thanks to flashlighting) these spiders rebuild their webs starting from scratch every night. It takes one about 30 minutes to complete... the detail is amazing.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Notice the reflector at right in picture below... well it's a Caution sign (people walking).

There is a restaurant about 100 meters past the sign (300 meters from my house). I like to shine my big throwers up that way to mess with people. About two weeks ago the owner drove down to my house after closing to see where the light was coming from. He thought my lights were awesome and asked if he could come back sometime for a demonstration. I told him when my Deft-X gets back from Michael I'll stop in and he can bring down his crew for a show.

But, that's not what this post is about... it's about the reflector, and it's coming down. It blasts tons of light right back at me, which is really annoying, so my next project is to figure out a way to remove it completely. The road crew won't notice it's missing for ages.

And yes someone could get hit by a car and die over this, but that's not really the point.

dhbrls.jpg

ven

Flashaholic

Great pics wimmer , beam looks real nice from the ec60vn,another pocketable power house with added runtime due to the 26650 food.

Candelista

Newly Enlightened

A couple of the downsides for a city slicker like me is living in a neighbourhood with bright street lights, and having neighbours that don't like noise or, in our case, very bright lights. The city is already in the process of replacing the thousands of sodium lamps with modern LED's so the night will only get brighter and less appealing for flashaholics. Hurray my tax dollars.

So here's the next best thing that I cobbled together:

Please handle the turbo button responsibly when pointing Vinh's pocket rockets at people.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

What the heck? Double post. I guess playing stoned isn't such a good idea here.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just a friendly reminder for those with recent beam shot pics, you can use them for entry in this month's giveaway.;)

Capolini

Banned

@wimmer

Nice beam shots wimmer.

I am NOT clear on your reflector removal? Is there a reflector attached to the sign? If so, are you planning on removing the reflector and/or the entire sign?!!

You have to expect this[your picture below] when you shining your light at or near one of these signs! Don't remove the sign wimmer or you may end up in jail where you will have NO flashlight hobby anymore........the inmates will keep you busy!!!:eek:

2m34sq0.jpg

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Cap, but they'll never catch me... I'll be sneaky. Besides the county sheriff and I are good friends. I might see if he knows of a good tool I can use to remove it. ;)

Capolini

Banned

Another thought on that. I deal w/ these signs EVERY night! I only have One road[dirt] walk in the country side,,,every Third night. They have street signs and I have learned to keep my lights away from them. Even at 200 yards away the REFLECTIVE light will still come back and blind me!:eek:

The trail has much smaller metal signs and not nearly as many but they also will blind you! So again I keep my lights away from them. I am not sure why your sign in question would have a reflector on it,,unless it is at/near the base of the sign.

Aren't there any trails near you? Get out in the country side wimmer.Get a fine Husky, get exercise and ENJOY your torches w/ little or no man made signs!!!lol!:thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned

Thanks Cap, but they'll never catch me... I'll be sneaky. Besides the county sheriff and I are good friends. I might see if he knows of a good tool I can use to remove it. ;)

Don't you work for the local newspaper??

I CAN SEE THE FRONT PAGE HEADLINES NOW!!!

WIMMER,,,,,,,,ARRESTED FOR VANALIZING AND REMOVING STATE PROPERTY!
:rolleyes:

The "NEW" NEWSPAPER PHOTOGRAPHER WILL HAVE THE HONORS OF HIS FIRST IMPORTANT PHOTO OF YOU BEING LED AWAY IN HAND CUFFS!!!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.