The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

Good grief! I've ordered five V54 flashlights in the last 55 days. That's a flashlight every 11 days!
Is there a 12 step program for Vinhaholics?
Yeah, get the 12th one and get it over with! :rolleyes:

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened

Alright guys i need your thoughts on something. Im in the middle of car shopping right now. Iv looked at a 2014 gti with 4000 miles on it. I looked at a 2013 volvo c30 t5 and a new masda cx3. I liked the look of the gti the best. I liked the volvos ride the best and i liked the interior of the masda the best. So i like different aspects of each car. Im selling my car to a friend for 5k so i can put some money down. I just dont know what car to get

Get a Ford Fiesta ST if you like a good hot hatch. (2014-2015) :twothumbs
I'm gonna try and save up as much as I can and then that's probably going to be my first car in one or two years.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont do manual. Never learned how to drive one. Ill stick with my automanual trans. I get the auto i like with the manual for fun. The gti and volvo c30 have it

ven

Flashaholic

They are not a bad car, sure they have gear box problems and would stay away from the paddle type (DSG) . I know 2 who have had problems,new ish cars to and not cheap!!!

I think the r32 is subtle and nice(not sure if DSG only or not options though).......more expensive to run ,but your juice is cheap as chips!!! Imagine $100 to fill a tank,thats UK prices at £1.20 a litre ish for v max nitro from shell.

For a ford,the RS holds value well,even goes up in the UK!!! Not a fan of FWD tbh, 200hp imo is the limit or too much traction lost. RWD or AWD for me only,the former for fun and drive,AWD for cornering in the wet..........that just me though

My choice would be along the rs3 if in price range(not sure on your prices but seem a lot cheaper) for a small hatch type motor.

How about the evo's, newer type,newer impreza is cheap your side and another option i would consider(saloon not hatch though). Dont like the hatch one bit.........

BMW make a nice 335 with a 3L twin turbo at a tad over 300hp,a nice motor :D

ven

Flashaholic

gti then over the volvo, again can have issues that only dealers can sort..........some times!!!! Golf will hold value better over time and will sell the same day advertised!..........come that time of course;)

Unforgiven691

Newly Enlightened

Get a Ford Fiesta ST if you like a good hot hatch. (2014-2015) :twothumbs
I'm gonna try and save up as much as I can and then that's probably going to be my first car in one or two years.

I have a Focus ST and absolutely love the car. Its fast when I want to go fast, but its still a Focus and a hatchback so I have room to carry stuff.
I really just wish that the fuel economy was just a little bit better. GTI is a good car, but the maintenance costs are a bit high.

ven

Flashaholic

Looks nice Alex, test drive and always take someone as an extra pair of eyes(easy to be blinded by a shiny car......not literally ,but another set of eyes helps spot bits missed).

The other in white always looks fresh polished, but a pita to clean off road grime.......personally white is out for me.

If you dont need 4 door all is well, i prefer the 3 door looks myself..........not planning on kids soon are you:poke::naughty: just a thought reg doors;)

Unforgiven691

Newly Enlightened

http://www.northpennvw.com/VehicleD...-Volkswagen-GTI-AUTOBAHN-Colmar-PA/2625919473

what do you all think about this gti. ? its a 2010 certified GTI Autobahn with just 12k miles on it. its loaded with a bunch a stuff like nav.
i cant afford that white one i linked earlier. $400 a month is to much for me and the salesman wound not budge on the price $330 is my max.
Looks like a pretty good deal, just so you know, those low profile tires aren't the greatest in snow. Speaking from experience here. I'm not seeing anything aftermarket either, so it shouldn't be too beaten up.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like a pretty good deal, just so you know, those low profile tires aren't the greatest in snow. Speaking from experience here. I'm not seeing anything aftermarket either, so it shouldn't be too beaten up.

yes i know. ill have to buy snow tires for it. or maybe some nice all season tires

Unforgiven691

Newly Enlightened

I don't know how much snow you get there, but I would go with a dedicated set of snow tires and the summers for warm weather. You can find some really good deals online from the tire shops for wheel and tire combos.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened

Nice car! The golf is a solid car for sure. Make sure the 12k miles for a 5 year old car is legit. Check the books for maintenance, it might only have 12k miles but some fluids need refreshing every like 2 years anyway. Also check the tires as they are probably 5 years old and imo you should replace them at max. 5-6 years.
Just make sure all is fresh before you drive off!
And have fun shopping around, I love cars and can't wait to go shopping for my own!

Luxion

Newly Enlightened

Good grief! I've ordered five V54 flashlights in the last 55 days. That's a flashlight every 11 days!
Is there a 12 step program for Vinhaholics?

Be careful, that's what I did and then ended up buying 21 from June 2014 to August 2015 and have been sober since August (sorry Vinh) . I do have my eye on a couple new ones though, but I can't afford to get addicted again.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

What if his wife "other half" wants to stop but the other half "him" doesn't?

Who's the boss?
He is. And he is all good.

She: She goes to Flashanon.

Flashanon is for friends and families of flashoholics. There, she learns to have serenity, whether the flashoholic is jumping on the next tote-able ceiling bounce monster from Vinh, or not.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

He is. And he is all good.

She: She goes to Flashanon.

Flashanon is for friends and families of flashoholics. There, she learns to have serenity, whether the flashoholic is jumping on the next tote-able ceiling bounce monster from Vinh, or not.

Lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.