The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

I have a 2007 Avalanche never been hand washed--only drive thru car washes
My brother has a 2007 Tacoma always hand washed and dried
His truck is faded to flat white--mine still gets confused for pretty new--Go figure

Now my work van--it's white and it gets pressure washed once a year with the house---HaHa

flashaholic1

Enlightened

I take at least 1 of my VN lights to work every day, well I decided to take my TK75VNQ70, and all of my colleagues know about the ridiculousness of these mini sun imitators. I told them that this one was the MOAL (mother of all lights) and strictly told them not to even to think about touching it without permission lol. So of course when I hype it up that much, one of my colleagues decided to turn it on when I wasn't looking. It was on low, he was looking at it directly, saw me and quickly tried turning it off haha, big mistake. He flashed himself with 14,000 lumens in the face. Loll he said I saw and felt the light of God kicking me in the face. Hahaha.

*Yes I'm aware of the rules, they're all adults (at least by age), and I've beaten it into their heads that these lights are not normal lights and they can't use it without my supervision

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I take at least 1 of my VN lights to work every day, well I decided to take my TK75VNQ70, and all of my colleagues know about the ridiculousness of these mini sun imitators. I told them that this one was the MOAL (mother of all lights) and strictly told them not to even to think about touching it without permission lol. So of course when I hype it up that much, one of my colleagues decided to turn it on when I wasn't looking. It was on low, he was looking at it directly, saw me and quickly tried turning it off haha, big mistake. He flashed himself with 14,000 lumens in the face. Loll he said I saw and felt the light of God kicking me in the face. Hahaha.

*Yes I'm aware of the rules, they're all adults (at least by age), and I've beaten it into their heads that these lights are not normal lights and they can't use it without my supervision

I don't blame him. I accidentally flash myself right in the eye with a MM15vn the other day while I was upgrading driver... I literally had to take a 5 minute break. Couldn't see anything... I imagine long exposure will result in permanent damage.

MrJino

Enlightened

Ordered a toolvn few days ago. Already looking at slc? The 18650 one at 2500 or so lumens... i might be hooked before receiving the 1st one...
Vinh, do you upgrade existing lights? I have a readymade that could use more power...

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ordered a toolvn few days ago. Already looking at slc? The 18650 one at 2500 or so lumens... i might be hooked before receiving the 1st one...

Ha! I've ordered 6 of Vinh's lights in the last 2 months. That definitely results overlapping deliveries. Lol

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, what amps are we getting with DriverVNX2 in the M43? Inquiring minds want to know!:)

Are we past the 8 amp draw of stock driver?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, what amps are we getting with DriverVNX2 in the M43? Inquiring minds want to know!:)

No M43vn samples in stock to test yet. Dont worry too much abtou amps. OTF lumen is what matters. That will tell a lot more than amps. ;-)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lounge

I ended up having to ride out 12mi (mostly downhill thankfully) in the dark after getting a late start etc on a ride yesterday.

I had my Vinh modded 4000K XPE2 4Sevens mini123 and my coat hanger visor mount as a "just in case" light.

Got me & a lightless friend out perfectly fine & pretty damn quick on the fire road sections.

Having a super light small neutral backup is a MUST.

My one piece coat hanger mount worked so well - had only used it on a trucker hat visor before.
I'm gonna make one for my 18650 size lights n try it - on a helmet :) too heavy for a hat.

Would be perfect for an SL2.

Just requires a coat hanger and some optional tape or shrink tube bent with a pair of pliers.

Stole the idea from someone on a headlamp thread years ago.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always heard that stock M43 approached nuclear meltdown soon after they were turned on. If that's true, sending more juice sounds like a major challenge. Of course, if anyone can do it, Vinh can.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you get a chance maybe you can let us know what being an authorized dealer on here will mean for everything.

Congratulations on getting that status!!:thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys! I am now an Authorized Dealer so I will be making posts there relating to everything I sell. Nothing is changed here on this subforum. This subforum is strictly for me to discuss and sell modded lights ONLY. Nothing else. :)

A.marquardt

Enlightened
HELP!! I need a business name!

Hi guys, I've decided to become a Zebralight distributor in Alaska, the only one, I think. I need to come up with a snappy name for the company. "The Northern Lights Flashlight Company", "Frozen Flashlights", "Denali Lights", "Aurora Flashlights", can you guys help me please? Thank you Thank you Thank you !

Winner gets a free zebralight sc52?

Good idea! Winner gets one of the new SC5's with 2 Eneloop Pros. It puts out 500 lumen from a single AA!

Last edited:

A.marquardt

Enlightened

Hey everyone, I need help with a business name, can you look at my new post on Vihn's forum and put some ideas up? thanks. And Congratulations Vihn! making the big leap! Best of luck buddy :)

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Re: HELP!! I need a business name!

Hi guys, I've decided to become a Zebralight distributor in Alaska, the only one, I think. I need to come up with a snappy name for the company. "The Northern Lights Flashlight Company", "Frozen Flashlights", "Denali Lights", "Aurora Flashlights", can you guys help me please? Thank you Thank you Thank you !

Winner gets a free zebralight sc52?

Status
Not open for further replies.