The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Re: The Lounge

Proof that the mythical SC600 Mark III exists: Zebralight has been able to shrink it even further with the use of these little button type springs, however, the only battery that will now fit this absolutely shortest possible length is the Panasonic 18650B or a battery with exact same size. Which isn't a bad thing since the 18650B is such a workhorse, and cheap. Somehow Zebralight managed to make a boost circuit so efficient, that combined with the improved efficiency of the XHP 35 makes this light at 12 volts runs for .2 hours longer than the Mark II. Crazy good engineering. I want this circuit and LED put into my TM36Mvn, but at the LED's rated lumen of 1800, not the intentionally diminished output of 1100 or so lumen. Seriously tho, can the driver be modified to run at 1800 lumens???
For those of you living under a rock, the SC5 pictured here puts out 500 lumen from a NiCad AA. World first. Actually, the XHP 35 in the SC600 is running on a single battery and is a world first too.

Vihn, I have to give you mad props for your Toolvn. It utterly blows away any pen light I've seen, does it in style with copper, and makes peoples jaws drop when I demonstrate turbo! Definitely a Must-Have. Absolutely one of your finest works of art.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I love Zebra lights!!!

Proof that the mythical SC600 Mark III exists:

Vihn, I have to give you mad props for your Toolvn. It utterly blows away any pen light I've seen, does it in style with copper, and makes peoples jaws drop when I demonstrate turbo! Definitely a Must-Have. Absolutely one of your finest works of art.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love em too but wish we could swap the emitters & boost em a tad :)

It'll be interesting to see how the new 12v XHP evolve. I'll probably buy one of the XHP headlamps when they're out.
Be nice to have a slightly larger hotspot than the XML & maybe a little more CRI.

I actually would want a dedomed one or hi version not for throw in a headlamp but for more tint consistency between hotspot and spill.
Sometimes the spill from an XML can be a bit purple compared to the hotspot and this is probably due to the dome.

All of my dedomed Vinh p60s have VERY even tint :)

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh,

Just came across your mini autobiography - a 'good read' for sure! I could relate to it as I'm sure many others can too.

As you said about your childhood, we are partly a product of our negative life experiences and through no fault of our own. It was tough for you to come to another country with a completely different language and culture - wow. That's a huge challenge and difficulty which most of us didn't experience in our childhoods. Also, as a Vietnamese kid you looked different too so the difference was even greater and others must have treated you differently.

I believe every human being has their own blind spots: prejudices, biases, preconceived notions, distortions, as well as various personal insecurities, emotional triggers, etc. We like to view ourselves as 'open-minded' but we're not as open-minded as we can be.

Thank you for being brave and pointing this out in yourself because it reminds the rest of us to look at ourselves too!

Last edited:

flashaholic1

Enlightened

Good luck to our buddies in the DC area and the East coast as they are going to get nailed with this record breaking blizzard.. We're expecting 5-8 inches of snow and a little bit of icing and upto 40mph wind gusts in the middle TN area tomorrow into Saturday morning, no where near as the 2 ft of snow that is expected in DC. TN has already declared a level 3 state of Emergency and it hasn't even hit yet haha. Have all of my batteries and back up batteries fully charged in case we lose power.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Definitely! And my headlamp will be nice when shoveling snow. :) Be safe everyone!

Capolini

Banned

Hello everyone!

We are getting 12", to 18".....possibly 20"! I have plenty of gas/food/new tires and of course enough flash light/batteries to last more than a year!

CAPO MY SIBERIAN HUSKY AND I ARE VERY HAPPY!!

11484017113_130801e1dc_z.jpg

Capo%20Dog%20Park%202015%20019_zpsfn9rsonh.jpg

Capo%20Dog%20Park%202015%20008_zpsvem04yeu.jpg

Capo%20Dog%20Park%202015%20012_zpsja0pc8pl.jpg

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,STAY SAFE, WARM AND HAPPY!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

No idea why photobucket has not been working for me the last new days so I cant post any photos.

Nickel plated Quads are in and they are very nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.