The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

I am not here to complain, but here is the beAmshot of k40svn xpg2 pdt. You can see some kind of artifacts or residue from dedoming. I never seem it. Lol. Not complaing since i got this for $120. It doesnt effect in real use. I can only see it when i am shine at the wall.
click image upload

ven

Flashaholic

Stop doing that. Problem solved :)

+1000 :laughing:

Try it with a triple or quad close up!!!!!!

Besides looks damn good to me tbh, seen worse than that , that look fine outside.

Merry xmas guys

Cool pic OG:cool:

Santa is almost done(early hours of today)

Took for ever!!!!!

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am not here to complain, but here is the beAmshot of k40svn xpg2 pdt. You can see some kind of artifacts or residue from dedoming. I never seem it. Lol. Not complaing since i got this for $120. It doesnt effect in real use. I can only see it when i am shine at the wall. click image upload
You should see the K40Lvn beam on a wall, I was at first like, oh boy...... that's horrible, but outside in real use I don't even notice it.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

Merry Christmas all! Enjoy your winter wonderland, it was 106 degrees here for Christmas Day! Frosty would have been a carrot sitting in a puddle in about 5 minutes! [emoji38]

Enjoy time with family and don't forget to think for a moment of the real reason for the season. [emoji4]

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ven is right. I am glad i didnt open the d4 charger. I was charging lg mj1 4 cells at .5 amp. It took 2 hours and 45 minutes from 3.73 v to 4.2 v with my vc4.... it will take forever with 375 ma charging rate.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

NL here's a white wall shot for you... a white wall of fog. Visibility @ house21 is zero.

35hqlgy.jpg

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ven is right. I am glad i didnt open the d4 charger. I was charging lg mj1 4 cells at .5 amp. It took 2 hours and 45 minutes from 3.73 v to 4.2 v with my vc4.... it will take forever with 375 ma charging rate.

I never really minded the slow charging but after the last few pages on the lounge, I'm starting to think I want a faster charger...

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I never really minded the slow charging but after the last few pages on the lounge, I'm starting to think I want a faster charger...

Same.. take your time.. you need to figure out you want a 4 or 8 bay charger.. then usb power or 110v... also check charging rate, as well as how many the charger can take 26650..

i am looking at enova gyrfalcon all 88. 8 bay ( 0.1A, 0.25A, 0.5A, 1A). 8x 1 amp,, charge up to 8x 26650s concurrently. $$55.99... you must manually select the charging rate every time you insert the battery..

another option.
Enova all 80. 8 bay charger. 8x 650 ma.. no fancy display. $37.99

xtar xp4 panzer charger. 4 bay. Look good. 4x 1 amp. $29.99

Must be more charger out there that i didnt know. Maybe someone can post it..

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's the Efest 4bay as well which can do 2amp in 2 or 1amp in 4.
Mine slightly overcharges by .02v but hasn't been a problem.

:)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Apparently, this is an issue with emitter itself. I had the same problem with my U21vn. 1% sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Couldn't get it to replicate when it wanted to give me 1% or not but all other outputs worked fine. Actually, I can see a faint glow from the emitter so it was "trying" to light up. Worried I might mess up my light, I pulled the batteries and emailed Vinh. He told me some dedomed LEDs have issues with 1% but that all other brightnesses should be ok.

In my case, the U21vn is never seeing 1% in real life so as long as I'm not killing the light, I'm cool. Just FYI.

Happy holidays to you too!! I'm lookin forward to your writeup!

Really?!
That's strange.... this is my first vnX light but my driverVN3 cqvn with xplhi 4000k does firefly ok.

A headlamp with no ultra low modes is ok for bike use but not edc or backpacking.

I like using my h600w on the sublumen mode as a locator or in the tent...

I also feel like I can see PWM on the 5% mode which is normally a no go on a headlamp for me.

Waiting to see what Vinh has to say and I'll bring it on my trip regardless as a backup to my h600w but I feel bad comparing it to my friends brand new H600W XHP35 like I was planning to in the H20vn thread until I have a true low mode.

Luv the magnet in the tail cap and the clip is pretty cool as well as a nice large hotspot.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Same.. take your time.. you need to figure out you want a 4 or 8 bay charger.. then usb power or 110v... also check charging rate, as well as how many the charger can take 26650..

i am looking at enova gyrfalcon all 88. 8 bay ( 0.1A, 0.25A, 0.5A, 1A). 8x 1 amp,, charge up to 8x 26650s concurrently. $$55.99... you must manually select the charging rate every time you insert the battery..

another option.
Enova all 80. 8 bay charger. 8x 650 ma.. no fancy display. $37.99

xtar xp4 panzer charger. 4 bay. Look good. 4x 1 amp. $29.99

Must be more charger out there that i didnt know. Maybe someone can post it..

I have the GyrFalcon All 88 and I'm very satisfied with its performance & flexibility and readouts. It will do 1 amp in all 8 bays simultaneously without breaking a sweat. There is a lot of button pushing, but that comes with flexibility. HJK had a nice review of it.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

did anyone see flashlights that were given as gifts at the christmas party if you attended one?
i was at a christmas party, and i saw flashlights were given as a gift two separate times....one was a keychain brookstone, and the other was a kids plastic one from the cartoon paw patrol.
i couldnt help but to take out my toolvn alum, i just had to show it off hahah. the light must have been passed around to 20 diff people! it was a big hit, they were just so amazed by the output from the tiny light. actually, i still impresses me at times.
i felt special...thanks vinh.
i gave them both skylumen.com and also cpf forum, just incase they feel like browsing around. who know, i may have turned one or two or more into new flasholics....hehee
very bad of me

Status
Not open for further replies.