• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2021

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am too surprised all the big players haven't build any multi sbt90.2 lights...low profits perhaps?

Any possibility of an SBT90.2 modded into a highly compact 90 degree headlamp running on a 21700?

Basically a Nitecore HC35 with single SBT90.2 smooth reflector / Nitecore HC33 with 21700 and SBT90.2?

Asking because a coworker refuses to use/carry/own anything that doesn't have a 90 degree angle with magnet for his up close handiwork but I want them to see the power/joy of this LED.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I told Vinh when I bought this that it would be carried for special days! Carried the 'last' Fiat Lux D25Cvn AHC for my brother's wedding this weekend. Needed something meaningful, sleek, beautiful, reliable- small to not annoy the photographers. And of course, it had to be absolutely special day, a day where I wouldn't care to lose such a little treasure!

She served the day very well double checking the bridal suite and getting around late at night, might even have the V54 logo in some of those wedding pics ;)

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started out totally as an all cool-white kinda guy. Never thought that would change, massively favored the output and efficiency advantage. Now I drastically prefer warm K temps. I think 3500K is my favorite, ever since I got that P60vn with the Osram Square HCRI 3500K.

Sometimes I feel a bit schizophrenic about my flashlight preferences.

Warm K temps are excellent outdoors at night. Heck anything super late or low light, I prefer as warm as I can get.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those D4Svns look AWESOME!

That Cyan 4000K! DROOL!

I can't be bad any more though, I have to be an adult about my money at the moment.... I'm sure that will make someone a super happy customer! Envious already...... I bet that your heat sinking is very impressive. Very nice trio!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Those D4Svns look AWESOME!

That Cyan 4000K! DROOL!

I can't be bad any more though, I have to be an adult about my money at the moment.... I'm sure that will make someone a super happy customer! Envious already...... I bet that your heat sinking is very impressive. Very nice trio!

I strictly restrain myself from what I get to keep nowadays too with Viet.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
No, no. The mindset should be to keep it all so that you can pass it all down to Viet.
At least that is what I tell myself and my wife...

I told my wife that!!! But she said no no. She is very thrifty! All 90% of the clothes he is wearing are pass down from friends. Once in a while he does dress kind of femininely but I think it's cute. Other than upgrading my Truck exhaust I haven't spent much at all lately. All my play money goes to the lights I really want to keep. I even sold 1/3 of my guns to retain these lights. Its crazy how having a kid all the sudden makes me think 2-3 times every-time I order something on amazon. I even considered selling the Corvette to get something more family oriented but just cant do that yet...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Viet is a ridiculously good looking human, what a smile! Thank you for sharing, truly the best light in your life I'm sure :)

Weird thing is I always think he is cute since the day 1. My wife insisted that he only recently gotten cute. I would have to agree with her now looking at his Preemie pics. I guess she has more neutral judgement. Let me find a preemie pic.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Picked up this light last night - TY

I run the lowest level as a night light and it seems to run forever! More than a week already I think. Amazing how little light is needed to see at night once eyes are adapted.

Latest posts