• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2021

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

Newborns are all rather odd looking.. but for a newborn he's a pretty good looking one! I looked like a total alien.

Man, I was asking myself that the other day, which do I start selling first, guns or lights? I've never sold a gun..... though I did buy some with the same hope to gain value over time. I'm sure a kid would make me sell pretty much anything rather quick....

What bright eyes!

myrr

Newly Enlightened
Nice! Really looking forward to it. First foray into sub 3000k.

myrr

Newly Enlightened
Nov-Mu received today. Ha. Fun light! Great way to become familiar with this UI, coming from dumb lights to fenix / olight / zebra and more recently Prometheus. Thank you!

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened
Just several months ago if you tell me about 2000K I will be like Get Outta Here! Now I am addicted! Just unbelievable.

The first time I turned on the E21A 2000k 9080 Armytek Tiaro Pro, it was daytime and I was like yuck so orange. Then a few months later I used it at night and fell in love! Once your eyes adapt, it is no longer orange. It is near identical to candle light and you can make out all the colors easily with the high CRI. I also have the Clemence modded Skilhunt H04RC with this emitter and the FF NOV-MU.

Which lights did you try the 2000k in? You should start offering some E21A mods. You can get the mcpcb from Clemence. They are of the highest quality!

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking about getting this for Phuong. What do you guys think?

Gray then black out the windows. You'll most likely keep the gray longer than the blue.
I drive my trucks well over 225k miles...so I like a color that I don't mind having for a while.
White and gray are timeless.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you like your Ford?

TBH, new Fords put me off, I know too many people who have any 2010+ Ford and they are all littered with problems, only one is a Fiesta ST manual that has been pretty solid.

If she wants a truck, I'd go for a Chevy for a new model. Or a Tacoma, but those are expensive, but then used becomes a possible option maybe....

What about a Subaru like a Forester?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Do you like your Ford?

TBH, new Fords put me off, I know too many people who have any 2010+ Ford and they are all littered with problems, only one is a Fiesta ST manual that has been pretty solid.

If she wants a truck, I'd go for a Chevy for a new model. Or a Tacoma, but those are expensive, but then used becomes a possible option maybe....

What about a Subaru like a Forester?

She wants something extra fuel efficient

Tacoma n Colorado are not efficient and r too pricey

Yes ford sure have problems hahahah

Silver is a solid long term color ...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If you're set on a hybrid, only Toyota/Lexus has had a proven track record of reliability. And they have nickel or lithium based models to choose from.

Yah but no hybrid trucks. Also Toyota RAV4 is the next best thing and it's 10K more.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Other than unknown reliability this 24K hybrid truck is unbeatable in terms of value

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Do you like your Ford? Yes and no. The power is amazing especially after my mods. Noticeably quicker than my buddys 6.2L Silverado.I also like hte light weight of the truck which make it feel light on its feet. Turbo lag sucks. I had lots of issue while it was under warranty. Now it seems to be running good but who knows. Overall I love the truck as long as it continues to run the way it does now. I got it for 12K off MSRP at 33K so thats the best part about it.

TBH, new Fords put me off, I know too many people who have any 2010+ Ford and they are all littered with problems, I do too! haha
only one is a Fiesta ST manual that has been pretty solid.

If she wants a truck, I'd go for a Chevy for a new model. Love the way the Colorado looks. Just too pricey and not efficient for our purpose.
Or a Tacoma, but those are expensive, but then used becomes a possible option maybe....I dont want anything used. Its a gift for her so I would like it brand new. Plus we are not fans of Tacomas. 17mpg is no no for how slow and small it is. Plus its too pricey anyways.

What about a Subaru like a Forester? She is not a fan of most compact crossover.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, I see! Good points. Tough to argue with, I didn't think that was a hybrid! Interesting setup, it does make sense to buy new in that case for sure. I don't know if I will ever buy a new car, but if I were buying a Hybrid/ Electric I probably would. Ford is pushing pretty hard into that territory. Jeeze that's a pretty low price too! Impressive for a hybrid small pickup, starting at 20K.... really are in the future!