The lounge 2104 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The V54 Lounge.

the single 18650 lights that seem to do best are the fet driven lights (simple driver, lower resistance)

take a look at the SL1 numbers for example :)

michael3

Newly Enlightened

Well, do you have an intended purpose for the light? If you want it to use it as a walking-around light, to use at close range/indoors, or you if you like the cooler tint/smoother beam of dome on, then you should stick with that. It you want to use it at long range, or to impress people with how bright it is, or like warmer tint, go with dome off. Those differences in beam profile/tint are going to make a MUCH larger difference than adding 20% more lumens, or whatever it turns out to be.
like i said atough choice. i have a 7 acre farm so it is nice to be able to see far away when i need to but also it is nice to be able to light things up sufficientl up close so i guess i will have to weigh it out or get 2 different lights. a hard choice at this point because like everyone else i don't have a lot of funds right now.

michael3

Newly Enlightened

the single 18650 lights that seem to do best are the fet driven lights (simple driver, lower resistance)

take a look at the SL1 numbers for example :)
can you give me a link ? i am not familiar with this sl1. thanks jm

michael3

Newly Enlightened

can you give me a link ? i am not familiar with this sl1. thanks jm
i found it. what other lights are fet driven? what is fet driven? thanks. the sl1 is too large of a head for me. my srt6 is right on the verge of too big, so if you have other suggested fet driven lights that are similar in size or smaller that would be great thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hello All,

Didn't respond to emails the last two days as I was both busy and didn't feel too well. In general though I reply relatively slow on on Friday night , Saturday, and Sunday during the day time. Sunday night is usually when I catch up on emails.

Just saw I got 107 new emails and 90% is probably from CPF so I thought I give you guys a heads up. :)

Vinh

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

i found it. what other lights are fet driven? what is fet driven? thanks. the sl1 is too large of a head for me. my srt6 is right on the verge of too big, so if you have other suggested fet driven lights that are similar in size or smaller that would be great thanks.

Wait for the release of the x6vn.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello All,

Didn't respond to emails the last two days as I was both busy and didn't feel too well. In general though I reply relatively slow on on Friday night , Saturday, and Sunday during the day time. Sunday night is usually when I catch up on emails.

Just saw I got 107 new emails and 90% is probably from CPF so I thought I give you guys a heads up. :)

Vinh

Hope your feeling better vinh. So how long will it take you to respond to 107 emails. Id go crazy. You must be a fast typer?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hope your feeling better vinh. So how long will it take you to respond to 107 emails. Id go crazy. You must be a fast typer?

I type like 30 WPM with lots of backspace LOL. Vivian is like 3 times faster!

One more thing I would like to add regarding my rates of answering emails: I usually answer emails before PMs on CPF so if you send me an email and it have not been replied then sending me additional PMs to remind me to read my email wont speed things up. The best way to approach this is by sending me more emails with "URGENT! REPLY NOW" in the subject. Thanks.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

Wow! That's a lot of emails!!!

Still looking for a VERY WIDE beam thrower or a narrow flood, looking for a flooder that throws in 1/2*18650 any ideas?

Aka pretty large hot spot and corrana. Basicky still a flooder but one that has more reach.

If 2*18650 then it must be one behinds the other not side by side, hopeing vinh makes such a product?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I think I will have what you are looking for. Stay tuned.

Wow! That's a lot of emails!!!

Still looking for a VERY WIDE beam thrower or a narrow flood, looking for a flooder that throws in 1/2*18650 any ideas?

Aka pretty large hot spot and corrana. Basicky still a flooder but one that has more reach.

If 2*18650 then it must be one behinds the other not side by side, hopeing vinh makes such a product?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The V54 Lounge.

^quad or triple dedomed XPL p60 or triple dedomed XPG2 would throw decent with a large sized hotspot ;)
I have a quad XPE2 4000K p60 that throws a big spot fairly far - would throw even more dedomed.

I use it on my helmet light (in addition to a mule XML)

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

You have a M2500F don't you to! Gets hot and short runtimes though.

But you know what I mean by throwy flood, still floody but with reach!

Hmm might look at P60's will see what vinh was talking about first though as in no rush,.

What's runtime like on a Quad XPL? And output! I'm guessing it is a 2*18650 setup?

I'm still trying to scorce UK/ Europe mounts for bc30, plenty in us...sucks big time as I have a few bikes!

What do you use to mount with? I was gonna use a twofish block.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Single 18650 for most p60 modules including triples & quads the MTG2 require 2 cells because the emitter has a VF of ~6volts.
I have a regular dedomed M2500 (not F) which is great on the bars or helmet besides needing two cells to run.

I hate those two fish things.
The soft rubber makes the light flop around & slips on drops & jumps.
I recycled the straps from one and made a mount from a piece of wood hhaha:)
Now I'm using a cheapie solid plastic bar mount I found on eBay for a couple bux.

Runtime on high is bad for any single cell light just divide the Mah by the current draw of the light & u will have rough idea.

Ie 3000mah cell driving a 3amp driver/light will give u about an hr - tho it will be a bit less depending on low voltage cut off of the cell or driver.

Output of a triple dedomed XPL on max would probably be ~2500 OTF if driven hard enough.
Heat would get bad after 5 mins or so unless it's cold out!
I've never had a light/module die from heat yet & mine get run off of my 4x18650 parallel pack in my p60 helmet host.

The trick is to use low & med most of the time & save max for tech sections or downhills.
Out here it's kind of bad etiquette to be blasting everyone on the flats or ups with 5000lumens. Especially if it's near houses etc.

For long runtimes on high a multi cell set up becomes necessary for sure tho.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok so I just put an order in for my mom :)
She is going to get a TK75vn xml2 dome on!
Just want to say thanks for building a light for mom.
She is quite excited now ha ha

caleb_v

Newly Enlightened

^^ wow cool mum ty. my mum likes mr SR52vn bun not enough to wana buy one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Severus

Enlightened
I have a movie for flashaholics, on Netflix "Banshee Chapter" its a horror/triller movie. The last 3rd of the movie is filmed with just a flashlight. Its a good B movie.

mund

Newly Enlightened

Ok so I just put an order in for my mom :)
She is going to get a TK75vn xml2 dome on!
Just want to say thanks for building a light for mom.
She is quite excited now ha ha

Woooo Hooooo! Yeah! What a great son! Are you getting your name engraved on it?... ya' know to remind her WHO got it for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.