The lounge 2104 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The V54 Lounge.

Thanks!
I love BM's I have a Mini Griptilian but never thought I would have a super nice one like this.
Almost scared to carry it ha ha.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

The x6vnt xml2 version puts out more light over all then my m25c2vn kt. The difference is visable when doing a ceiling bounce. Im thinking 1400 otclumens. Out throws my fiat lux xpg2 l2t. Preformance wise this is at the top for a direct drive light
47bba35f-7240-4d6d-9c3a-719ab24051fe_zpsf9506ff6.jpg

Got my dedomed xml2 version of the X6vnT. I put a ucl lens in it and a UCLp lens in my xpg2 version.

This beamshot is a good comparison to show the focus difference between dedome xml2 and xpg2 as both are drivin to the same current and in the same host

9598e07a-6eda-4a5b-b663-13d6c3f66551_zps5ac5ab23.jpg

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

ven

Flashaholic

Very nice knife TY,very nice:D thank god i am not too into knives :laughing: as i would be a nightmare..............i do like them a lot,but dont get any use to justify anything over like $50 kind of money..........If i could edc legally in UK i would invest in a nice blade for sure. I tend to use my little 2.5" or 3" blades the most around the house,but not to any degree,like once/twice a week..........

All you need now is a nice TAG for the wrist:whistle:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

thank god i am not too into knives :laughing: as i would be a nightmare..............i do like them a lot,but dont get any use to justify anything over like $50 kind of money..........If i could edc legally in UK i would invest in a nice blade for sure.
I knew you couldn't carry a gun over there, but you can't even carry a pocket knife? That's crazy.

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened

Who has the the brand new thrunite 36 that looks like the mm15, in one of the other threads some nice images sync apparently it out performs the mm15, having the mm15vn fiat lux that is um killer bright, any news or opinions on it unless you guys have covered this. The new one looks like the mm15 just abit taller and aesthetically nicer and somes ones roof bounce test impressively out performed everything.
Just curious if it's all true and very interested in what vinh's opinion is.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforum

ven

Flashaholic

I knew you couldn't carry a gun over there, but you can't even carry a pocket knife? That's crazy.

Crazy yes,iirc limited to 3" blade and can not lock so has to be a folder. Dont get me wrong,there are plenty of empty heads carrying far bigger for all the wrong reasons..........so that does not help. Back to the tragedy of Dunblane,this banned hand guns out right.........even air pistols over 6ftlb are illegal.

I must admit though some of your states have mad laws(to me anyway, maybe not to others so not getting into right or wrongs;)),some you cant buy alcohol at 18 but can buy hand guns etc etc.........

But yes UK has some crazy laws here,some maybe for the best,others overkill or just out right stupid..............but all open to different opinions be right or wrong.

I do love my guns too,i used to go to a couple of gun clubs,when i was 14 i was shooting hand guns and rifles(only .22) then more later air rifles for field/target which is enjoyable. Knives wise,not illegal to own,just illegal to carry in public which tbh if someone had a machete(yes some will carry one regardless) it does question the reason why,and if used as self defence in public,it is pre meditated as you are carrying it in the 1st place.............

But without going into all the *beep* :crazy:as most of it is ,i have a small edc knife,also others within the law as the last thing i need is a 5yr or 10yr sentence for carrying a large blade(that i dont need ) with a young family...............Camping i have larger knives ,but again i wont have on my person when away from the camp site.

:thumbsup:

kj2

Flashaholic

Luckily knife-rules here, are not as tight as in the UK. Can carry a knife up to 28cm in length here. Lock is no problem. Can't be a automatic though.

Capolini

Banned

Luckily knife-rules here, are not as tight as in the UK. Can carry a knife up to 28cm in length here. Lock is no problem. Can't be a automatic though.
What is "Automatic"? I am guessing what we call a "switch Blade"?

Edit:Either that or a knife that is NOT folded?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

Yes,we call them flick knives in the UK...............another banned knife.

You can carry certain knives but requires good reason..........having a hunting knife in a shopping centre would not be one of them.............for example

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

Assist opening knives.
Assisted opening knives are a little different than auto knives. Auto have a button or switch. Assisted opening have a thumb stud or flipper on the blade that you use to open similar to a manual Knife, just with a spring to assist.

Different countries may classify them differently.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Morning guys
Yep it's an auto. Well kinda.
Push the button and it pops out from the side.
Push the button again to fold it back closed.
Full autos usually come out the top when you push a button .
Like the microtechs.
Ty

Capolini

Banned

Morning guys
Yep it's an auto. Well kinda.
Push the button and it pops out from the side.
Push the button again to fold it back closed.
Full autos usually come out the top when you push a button .
Like the microtechs.
Ty

I don't know much about knifes!!However, What you described is NOT what is/use to be called a switch blade. That blade would come straight out,in other words and extension of the handle. I learned something,,an "auto" is not a switch blade!

I believe it[switch blade] was spring loaded enough if you put it against someones stomach and pressed the switch/button, it would penetrate their body!

I know they are Illegal,,,,,,,,,,not sure if they have always been illegal.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

This got me interested! I checked out Wikipedia.

A switchblade (also known as an automatic knife, pushbutton knife, ejector knife, switch, Sprenger,[1] Springer,[2][3] flick knife, or flick blade) is a type of knife with a folding or sliding blade contained in the handle which is opened automatically by a spring when a button, lever, or switch on the handle or bolster is activated.

I was wrong,,,a switch blade and an automatic knife can be the same.

They are also legal in Austria, Poland and MOST States in the USA as long as your not on Federal Land or transporting them from State to State.

Capolini

Banned

Pretty sure there is a law for "Length of Blade" The longest one[OTF] I saw was 3.8" long on Blade HQ.

Hey OTF lumens and OTF blades!

Status
Not open for further replies.