The Lounge Jan-June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: The 2015 Lounge

Start this Monday working at a wholesale company that sells building materials. About 10-12 minutes on my bicycle. Could be even less, if there was a railroad crossing closer by. Would save me 1 kilometer.

Nice video work btw :)

Last edited:

MaxBeam

Enlightened

Brighter doesn't matter when you don't use it because of too cool of a tint. Since going neutral I don't use any of my cool white lights. I sold many of them and the rest will eventually get modded so I can use them again.

Agree. Bright isn't everything. It seems like all my cheap lights use a cool tint. I didn't realize how harsh and washed out they made things look until I started to collect some vinh lights with neutral and warm tints.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

VINH-

Can I ask what do you see yourself doing in say 5 and 10 years time, obvously hopefuly still modding and it works out well for you but be intrested in your long term goals.

Or lets say some new tech comes out do you plan to learn to mod that (if its doable and practical) or will you always be a LED guy, maby you would focus more on custom makeing hosts and that type of modding instead?

Here is to hopeing you do amazing over the next few years but these questions are always intresting.

laser light IMO next big thing...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

VINH-

Can I ask what do you see yourself doing in say 5 and 10 years time, obvously hopefuly still modding and it works out well for you but be intrested in your long term goals.

Or lets say some new tech comes out do you plan to learn to mod that (if its doable and practical) or will you always be a LED guy, maby you would focus more on custom makeing hosts and that type of modding instead?

Here is to hopeing you do amazing over the next few years but these questions are always intresting.

laser light IMO next big thing...

I was born with terrible memory...I always fear I might have Alzheimer when I grow older...Not being able to remember much I tend not to plan too far ahead either. I honestly don't kwno where I would be in 5 years. Too many sharp turns occurred in my life the last 10 years that I feel like I should just concentrate on working real hard and just let life go where it goes.

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

I honestly don't kwno where I would be in 5 years. Too many sharp turns occurred in my life the last 10 years that I feel like I should just concentrate on working real hard and just let life go where it goes.

I saw a video of me being interviewed about 15 years ago. I was 100% wrong. If you'd asked me again 10 years ago, I'd be 100% wrong. Same with 5 years ago.

Life is a gift, it is a journey, it begins with each day.

Best of luck to you and yours, sir.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I saw a video of me being interviewed about 15 years ago. I was 100% wrong. If you'd asked me again 10 years ago, I'd be 100% wrong. Same with 5 years ago.

Life is a gift, it is a journey, it begins with each day.

Best of luck to you and yours, sir.

Thank You!

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened

Just try to be sure you put money aside for later in life. 15% of everything you make should be a minimum if there is any way you can manage to do it. If not start with what you can and work up to that. Bump up that % a little each year. Find a GOOD company to handle your money (I love Vanguard - they are one of the best). Compound interest is an amazing thing ;-)

MaxBeam

Enlightened

Just try to be sure you put money aside for later in life. 15% of everything you make should be a minimum if there is any way you can manage to do it. If not start with what you can and work up to that. Bump up that % a little each year. Find a GOOD company to handle your money (I love Vanguard - they are one of the best). Compound interest is an amazing thing ;-)
+1

It'll probably be the most important financial decision you'll ever make. Being self employed, you should get advice from a CPA or other qualified tax or financial planner on the best way to set up the kind of tax deferred account that's best for you.

lumentia

Enlightened

I was born with terrible memory...I always fear I might have Alzheimer when I grow older...Not being able to remember much I tend not to plan too far ahead either. I honestly don't kwno where I would be in 5 years. Too many sharp turns occurred in my life the last 10 years that I feel like I should just concentrate on working real hard and just let life go where it goes.
That is a good philosophy, and you have passion and a good work ethic, you'll do well. You've got me all philosophical now.
Edit: Pardon the rambling lol

I was cursed with bad memory too. It was my dad's pet peeve- he had an awesome memory- and always thought I just didn't care enough to remember. He might have been right lol (because I have a good memory for certain things, like womens' names lol)

There is no such thing as stable dependable, predictable employment anymore. One needs to learn to recognize something good when it comes along, don't be lazy and run with it for as long as you can while keeping your eyes open enough to see when it's time to jump to the next step. (I didn't do that and got caught in a dead industry several times.)

I do wish I had not wasted so much money when I was younger, and paid off my house.

All of my well laid plans from my 20s have been dashed- bad luck, bad decisions, bad women (lol) and bad economy all hitting at the same time. That being said, it led me to where I am now, much wiser in life, the ways of the world and with far more skills than I would have had if I had not had to chase employment as each field I was in folded under. I've been both a cowboy and an artist, cad draftsman, aerospace/ weapons/ oilfield machinist, built race cars to rig up trucks, mechanic to gun dealer, stacked square bales and had a tire repair shop, feed store, truck scale, welding shop, trailer sales, etc etc.

But now I have a 2 year old daughter and she's the most important thing in my life now. It's a lot easier to just put my head down and bull my way through the tough jobs and tough times knowing she's depending on me.

Somehow, I keep coming back to the metal working industry...it's what I love to do. Building stuff is in my blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.