The Malkoff Front Porch

NH Lumens

Enlightened
hdsuper-2.jpg

My HD Super on a MD3 body, Tricap, grip ring (Malkoff extender kit) and DIY finger lanyard.

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
My I ask what the M361 29b V3 does different than say my m61 hi lowN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The m361 is a 3 mode Dropin low med high. The m61 is a single mode Dropin but turns into a 2 mode high lo when the hi/lo ring is installed

NH Lumens

Enlightened
My I ask what the M361 29b V3 does different than say my m61 hi lowN?

Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of tailcap activated mode switching. The M361 219B v3 has three output modes: 10, 70 and 330 lumens, changed by presses of the tailcap. While this is fine for a general utility light, I much prefer using a single-output drop-in with the high/low switch.

Another observation is that the 219B version of the M361 does not have as much throw as the standard Malkoff M361 (which has a brighter hot spot), but obviously the higher CRI of the 219B is amazing.

To date, my favorite Malkoff drop-in remains the M61N, with the M6NLL not far behind.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Warms at least for me work indoors the best. They just don't seem to have the same throw as my regular cool whites do. But that probably has something to do with the way the M61's are set up. They are not real good at throwing.my neutral's are ok outdoors but when I want to see Further I grab my standard M61's. Or better yet M60's. Now they throw! I have one think it's a sticker one that is white as white can get. Very little spill but throws for days. Carry that in my coat pocket at all times. Loaded into a beat up old Z2.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If you get the MD2 host it should come with a gasket and lens. You need to get a different lens gasket if you want to install a M61 in something like the VME head. So you don't get a lens or gasket with the Dropin. It comes with the MD2 host so you should be all set. The M61WL is a great choice and runs great with a 18650.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi me too. the M61T is with me all times for any throw situations. I use it a lot just to alert my kids im home by momentarily flashing it like strobe at the window.

Warms at least for me work indoors the best. They just don't seem to have the same throw as my regular cool whites do. But that probably has something to do with the way the M61's are set up. They are not real good at throwing.my neutral's are ok outdoors but when I want to see Further I grab my standard M61's. Or better yet M60's. Now they throw! I have one think it's a sticker one that is white as white can get. Very little spill but throws for days. Carry that in my coat pocket at all times. Loaded into a beat up old Z2.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yep that would do it. Mine is on me every day it's one of my work lights. The throw is nice.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was actually going to sell it , but its pretty unique this M61T you know.
throws well enough to show its a well made throw drop in.
I like it.
I use primaries in it now as it see's not that much use and too lazy to use 18650.

Yep that would do it. Mine is on me every day it's one of my work lights. The throw is nice.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Do you use the 22.3? head instead of the 16.5? Probably got them numbers wrong but you know what I mean 😁. You get more throw with that.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Which version of the M61T do you have? The original or the upgrade? I have the original.

Bill.

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
I have no reason to own the T but damn it you guys make me want one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts