The Malkoff Front Porch

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1. very good that. maybe in 2022.

in my humble opinion, each dropin should have a serial so that the owner could enter a website and consult the year of manufacture, model, led, specifications...

the other parts (head, body, tailcap) I don't think there is so much need for a serial number

I agree, this type of thing takes work, but it would be a great differential, in addition to the good service, customer service, excellent products and the lifetime warranty that malkoff offers.

for those who have a lot of dropins, it is complicated to manage this type of information (model, specifications, etc.)

I made a spreadsheet to be able to manage my items and consult when necessary.

another point is that over time, it becomes difficult to know and guarantee which model I have.

not having this type of information can even make someone sell something that does not match the product.

I will suggest this to Gene.
a simple google spreadsheet would solve the problem.

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Is there a picture (or could someone take one) of the new and old style 1CR123 body? I mean next to each other. I'm trying to decide which one I like best.

I'm thinking about getting something like here which is the VME head + M61WLL + 1CR123 body.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Might not have to much of a choice. The old style is getting hard to find. There's a bunch out there but don't come up very often.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have tried but its very tight. I may have to wait to use Gene's MDX head wrench!.
I am turning it anti clockwise to loosen. is that right?. its been a while since I have removed a drop in.
thanks

Well it depends on what side of the bezel your standing on.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks. thats it!.....I was trying to remember that line.

thing is, someone has offered to buy this drop in off me, and I agreed and thought it would remove easy, but not this one!.

I am waiting for the MDX Head removal tool alongside one of the RED M61 drop in's in a GB from DOT which will take some weeks, some good time I guess. I have offered the buyer a refund or to wait.

Sorry just a little joke. But yes lefty loosey, righty tighty.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to buy the tool as well. Needle nose pliers wasn't doing it.. The ring felt like 30lbs torque. Had to use a foot long rod for leverage with the spanner tool

I read somewhere Malkoff son assembled. He must lift weights!

The watermelon was not a challenge at the level of the Malkoff lantern, so I decided to break some rocks.

mva4IWP.jpg

In Portuguese, but I hope you have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbXhzHy0bo4

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
That's better than smashing a watermelon!! Haha.

BTW, you posted another "part 4". The car-rolling-over-the-MD2-video was part 4 already.

Blz pura!

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Alright guys, I finally, FINALLY ordered my first Malkoff. Been lurking in their bushes and stalking them forever, but just never made the move. So many options it's insane.
I ordered an MD4 body and tailcap, MDX 22.3 head, M61W dropin, and a hi low ring.
Now I see this discussion about the hi low ring tool. Should I try to modify my order before it ships? I'm also kinda kicking myself for not getting a spare lens kit…