The Malkoff Front Porch

thermal guy

Flashaholic
When I got my 22.3 i ordered a 16.5 An emailed Cathy for the 22.3. This I was told through previous emails was the way to do it. I'm not sure why it's not listed on the site.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I got my 22.3 i ordered a 16.5 An emailed Cathy for the 22.3. This I was told through previous emails was the way to do it. I'm not sure why it's not listed on the site.

Ahh thanks TG

Infrnl told me this is how it was done for the gaskets when I ordered them for the head he sent me . Was curious if it was the same for the actual head . [emoji1305][emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I don't think the 22.3 will do anything but give you a little more spill. Do you have a 361? Medium on that is 20 lumens. If you have both heads you can do a comparison. See if it works for you

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the 22.3 will do anything but give you a little more spill. Do you have a 361? Medium on that is 20 lumens. If you have both heads you can do a comparison. See if it works for you

I don't [emoji24]

I'll probably just do the 22.3

I have other 16.5 I can swap around if need be

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Malkoff's site is not listing the HD neutral.Wonder if he's stopped carrying it?

Perhaps it is selected as an option through a drop down menu when in stock. Description includes specs for cool and neutral.

When did the Hound Dog XT get released? 90K candela. Wow!

I
aaf148b60e32bcef19528106470f7ec7.jpg

spyderco monkey

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps it is selected as an option through a drop down menu when in stock. Description includes specs for cool and neutral.

When did the Hound Dog XT get released? 90K candela. Wow!

I
aaf148b60e32bcef19528106470f7ec7.jpg

I'm hoping we see a similar thrower design for the MD2 and Super Houndog.

daffy

Enlightened
Head only not available so i bought the last turn key kit even though i dont need the rest.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If he can get 90,000 lux out of the 18650 HD. The super should be amazing. That is if he plans on updating it.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Lux the same as Candela? Ie 90k Lux = 9Ok Candela?
Formally, lux is a derived unit from lumen, which is a derived unit from candela. Yet, the concept of lux is more easily compared to candela than to lumen. The difference between lux and candela is that lux measures the illumination of a surface, instead of that of an angle.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just placed my first order with Malkoff from their site directly! Took good advantage of that 20% discount. Didn't get any full lights though, heh, just parts. Sure adds up quick! MD3 body w/ tricap, MD2 crenulated w/ tripcap, E-seriies 18650 body, battery bumpers, h/l switch for MD3, and an MDX 22mm head. Oh and a t-shirt!

jrgold

Enlightened
Formally, lux is a derived unit from lumen, which is a derived unit from candela. Yet, the concept of lux is more easily compared to candela than to lumen. The difference between lux and candela is that lux measures the illumination of a surface, instead of that of an angle.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

A single lux is equal to one lumen per square meter. What I never understood is how a lux meter works then. Seems like it would need a larger sampling of light than the little globe on the meter. It would make more sense to me if it were a candela meter

Just placed my first order with Malkoff from their site directly! Took good advantage of that 20% discount. Didn't get any full lights though, heh, just parts. Sure adds up quick! MD3 body w/ tricap, MD2 crenulated w/ tripcap, E-seriies 18650 body, battery bumpers, h/l switch for MD3, and an MDX 22mm head. Oh and a t-shirt!

Congrats! Now you got me thinking about the t shirt for my next order. That site is dangerous :)

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single lux is equal to one lumen per square meter. What I never understood is how a lux meter works then. Seems like it would need a larger sampling of light than the little globe on the meter. It would make more sense to me if it were a candela meter

Congrats! Now you got me thinking about the t shirt for my next order. That site is dangerous :)

Jrgold, got that dcfix in . I'll have enough for awhile

Much thanks bro [emoji1362]

Speaking of battery bumpers I need to send mine to tac for comparison

jrgold

Enlightened
Jrgold, got that dcfix in . I'll have enough for awhile

Much thanks bro [emoji1362]

Speaking of battery bumpers I need to send mine to tac for comparison

You're welcome bro, i really like what it does to the beam profile on some lights

Latest posts