The Malkoff Front Porch

sebis

Newly Enlightened
Or if someone tries to snag onto a Malkoff, his wrist will go along with it.
Good looking countertops, is that natural or man-made?

The long paracord on the Hound Dog is attached to a Surefire breakaway ring. The small para on the M61Hot is jut there to pull it from the pocket.

Thanks for the compliments on the countertops, natural of course ;) .

sebis

Newly Enlightened
@sebis, OR tailcaps (with McClicky) shorten MDX interior space. What battery are you running in the Hot setup, unprotected cell?

I only use KeepPower protected cells in my 18650 lights, I tested with both KeepPower 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA Protected Button Top (10 A) and KeepPower 3120mAh Sony US18650VTC6 Protected High Discharge Button Top P1831R (R Series, 15 A) and it fits just fine.

The only issue is with the Prometheus clip, there is not enough room left for the rubber o-ring and not tight enough without it thus it allows it to rotate... and since I suffer from OCD it bugs me but I will survive :).

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only use KeepPower protected cells in my 18650 lights, I tested with both KeepPower 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA Protected Button Top (10 A) and KeepPower 3120mAh Sony US18650VTC6 Protected High Discharge Button Top P1831R (R Series, 15 A) and it fits just fine.

The only issue is with the Prometheus clip, there is not enough room left for the rubber o-ring and not tight enough without it thus it allows it to rotate... and since I suffer from OCD it bugs me but I will survive :).
So there's not too much squeeze onto springs with that OR tailcap?
Maybe try a smaller (1mm) cross section oring with the pocket clip. That spinning would drive anyone nuts 😎

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast

i used to have this issue. I fixed it by just holding the light at all times, which is the proper way to carry.

RayMiller

Newly Enlightened
i used to have this issue. I fixed it by just holding the light at all times, which is the proper way to carry.
Starlord?
wDu7j.jpg

klip88

Newly Enlightened
I have 4 Malkoffs and use my lights in some rugged conditions. It's funny I was so disappointed in my 1 xaa when it first arrived. Not only is this my most used, and dynamic light but it's the toughest. So much so it went through a wash cycle and came out shining bright. I've abused this thing for years and it still turns on. Random but thought I'd share.

klip88

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff is one of very few light brands that I trust will work every time in just about any situation.
I drank the kool aid w/ them. Price point for what you get is insane. When I first got into real lights I'm so glad I didn't do with some of the Chinese manufactures. I now have extra pieces for my lights for the few amount of parts that might fail at some point. I only like reliability in things I buy, Toyota, Dualit, Malkoff, Rolex, etc. all brands have conservative tedious upgrades which lends to their reliability.

fulee9999

Enlightened
I only like reliability in things I buy

I think this, the amazing customer service and the fact that the Malkoffs sell the repair parts that you can easily replace is why we are so obsessed with these lights. Especially recent times, I have a newfound admiration with these flashlights, the fact that it works everytime all the time is something that just gives you a peace of mind when you need light.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I have always wanted a single AA Malkoff TAC light for work, due to AA being readily available. Don't like to cycle through the 2 low modes all the time. Not sure why I never tried my TAC head on the single AA, but I just did and it works great. The high mode seems almost the same, but the medium and low are definitely lower than on a single CR123. Not sure of the runtime, but I have NIMH. I tried it on lithium, NIMH, and alkaline. All worked.

wait how does that happen...? the M61T is a TIR dropin and the M61s are orange peel refectors, they should have wildly different beams
I'll clarify. The beams are indeed wildly different. However, the intensity of the hotspot appears very similar. The difference, to my eyes, is in the spill: the M61T has very minimal spill and dumps almost all of its lumens into the hotspot, whereas the M61 maintains a similar hotspot but adds a tremendous amount of spill with a gradual transition. The M61 puts out slightly more lumens than the M61T, which explains how the M61 is able to add spill without reducing lux too much. And the M61T therefore exhibits slightly better battery life.

Malkoff is one of very few light brands that I trust will work every time in just about any situation.
Dropped my M61L MD3 into a drain pan full of used motor oil this week. When I fished it out, it wasn't shining anymore...until the oil started draining off of the lens a few seconds later! Washed it with water and dish soap and went back to work without even turning it off. Probably some petroleum left in the crevices eating away at my o-rings. This is why I have 27,000 backups (remember when they were out of stock on the website for a week?).