The Malkoff Front Porch

ScottsoSmith

Newly Enlightened
Just added a second light to my new Malkoff collection:
86821E9B-4EF7-44E8-A37B-C3C745A1C37F.jpeg

Wildcat 18650 head on a 21700 body. Wowsa!!

Here is the collection with a Bravo added for good measure:

10B64CC5-02DD-4BB5-8160-2F9198D99BAA.jpeg

Many thanks to thermal guy for pointing me in the Wildcat direction!!

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I definitely would like to try a z26 lanyard ring, I'm just not a fan at paying the $17.50 shipping costs for an $9 item

Don't blame you. I always wait until I want several things from them so the shipping is combined and a little more worth it.

I use these. Unbreakable and you can fit 1X18650 and 2X123's

View attachment 35793

Also good for two 17500's, since mine are too long for the otherwise perfect thyrm 3 cell vault.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
87B680FD-0BC7-4CE2-B29B-26695C18AFA8.jpeg

Anyone here known about this? I've asked Gene on two occasions to do ann emitter swap on an MDC and the answer was he couldn't. If I would have known about this I would have bought one.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here known about this? I've asked Gene on two occasions to do ann emitter swap on an MDC and the answer was he couldn't. If I would have known about this I would have bought one.

There's def no way to swap a Malkoff. The epoxy makes it impossible.
Those bodyguard's were a group buy started by someone with more pull than us.

The bodyguard has never appealed to me.
The E2S has the same intensity and beam pattern and doesn't' step-down.

Now the E2S is a bad dude. Probably the most underrated Malkoff.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had asked Gene multiple times if he could just put an LED of my choice like a 519a instead of the ones he sells and he said he couldn't do it, then I came across this. Kind of a let down. Yeah I'm not that big on the bodyguard head with the step down, so it's not too big of a deal but still a bummer to be a fan of Malkoff and have purchased $1k in lights and not be able to get one

I definitely wanna try that E2S. It's been in my cart. I tried the E1HT and it was impressive

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you use heat gun to assist installation..
..or good ol vice and pusher sleeve?

It easily slid on starting from the bottom of the tailcap and tightened as I went towards the switch. It starts getting real tight half way up and gets super tight after that.

it actually works very well and is deep carry discreet

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always wondered if a speed clip would fit like that on a Malkoff. Thanks for answering that question!

I had it on an Alpha and it annoyed me from day 1 because the light is small for this clip.
I took it off the Alpha when I swapped the emitter to a 519a and it hit me that it may just work since it's compression fit.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Y'all Malkoff junkies missed the deal of a lifetime on an old body style MDC AA Neutral

I know where an old body style MD2 is.