The Malkoff Front Porch

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really shouldn't have, but I fell for the low inventory and ordered two more 1AA bodies two nights ago, the newer bodies, obviously. I have two of the original 1AA bodies which made me fall in love with Malkoff's clips. Then I got a 2AA with the newer anodized clip. The anodizing smoothes out the very few sharp edges on the stainless clip that I didn't even notice until I tried the anodized clip. So I wanted a couple more 1AA with the newer anodized clip, and now I am into low double digits for the rest of the month. I hope to get some heads on them in May.

Am I the only one using Malkoff bodies for incan E? If not, plz prove it with pics. thx.

kTYQXkT_d.webp

q6luxCU_d.webp

WeYhTWr_d.webp

58qd5Cy_d.webp

mTBhP84_d.webp

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got the Wildcat 18650! If not for this forum, I would never have thought to remove the diffuser lens, but I like it better that way. When i unscrewed the bezel ring, it all came apart faster than I intended and there is a plastic retainer or spacer ring i was not expecting to encounter. I put the o ring on the outside, then the protective lens, then that plastic ring. Did I do it right?

hamhanded

Enlightened
I finally got the Wildcat 18650! If not for this forum, I would never have thought to remove the diffuser lens, but I like it better that way. When i unscrewed the bezel ring, it all came apart faster than I intended and there is a plastic retainer or spacer ring i was not expecting to encounter. I put the o ring on the outside, then the protective lens, then that plastic ring. Did I do it right?
I can't help with your question but can we get some photos?

Kettleman

Newly Enlightened
Yes that's correct ( or at least the way mine is) My favorite light of all times is the wildcat on a MD3 Running 2 2300 18500. I run with the 1% diffuser from a hound dog as it cleans up the beam ever so slightly with out losing any noticeable throw.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes that's correct ( or at least the way mine is) My favorite light of all times is the wildcat on a MD3 Running 2 2300 18500. I run with the 1% diffuser from a hound dog as it cleans up the beam ever so slightly with out losing any noticeable throw.
Mine doesn't have a retainer or spacer ring. Just an O-ring.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The original movie ending scene was the best.
In '68, to me, the suggestion of farewell to destructive mankind, and hello to cute mute girl was attractive thoughts 😁
When watching the modern version with a buddy he said "would you?".....I pondered that question for years.

So if I put the Malkoff Maglite module from a few years back now in my 3D to a 6D will it be brighter? Just curious.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
When watching the modern version with a buddy he said "would you?".....I pondered that question for years.

So if I put the Malkoff Maglite module from a few years back now in my 3D to a 6D will it be brighter? Just curious.
If your module states 3-6cell.. I believe the output is regulated. I think you'll have better runtimes in the red 6D.
Have you thought of converting to li-lion?

The lighter weight will be helpful when running with it in Kung-Fu grip (-;

QMT93

Enlightened
pxl_20221209_191548466-jpg.jpg
Malkoff E2XTL + Weltool BB3 body-TC59 tail cap in FDE combo

This one is even better.
pxl_20221220_214908564-jpg.jpg
Malkoff E2XTL + Weltool BB3 body in FDE + Darksucks Ti clip + Malkoff MDX Tricap

LRJ88

Enlightened
Having just ordered an MDC 16650 and some random stuff to go with it, is there anything i should consider doing after getting it before i set out to proper use it?