The Malkoff Front Porch

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Wow not sure why he limited to onl that. Maybe he's going to make other models. Regular E series threads is where this needs to be I think

Gene43

Enlightened
Wow not sure why he limited to onl that. Maybe he's going to make other models. Regular E series threads is where this needs to be I think
Unfortunately, we have learned that standard E-Series threads do not work well for a regular 18650 body (without a tailcap). The wall thickness winds up being very thin in the threaded area.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, we have learned that standard E-Series threads do not work well for a regular 18650 body (without a tailcap). The wall thickness winds up being very thin in the threaded area.
Wooops. Forgot that point. Guess that's why you make um and I buy them😁

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes sense. Regardless, I'm totally fine with what's available now. CR123 MDC is my daily carry. However, 519a heads sounds very interesting for future purchases ;)

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nichia 519a in a Wildcat, would be dreamy! Speaking of nice tint, has anyone played around with Lee filters on their HoundDog XPL 18650?(reflector version) Mine is just too yellow in the corona for my eyes to stomach, and I wasn't sure if a minus 1/8 green filter would maybe correct it?

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Cloud Defensive deep carry clip on Malkoff MD3. (Lanyard ring is a separate piece, not part of the clip and not from Cloud Defensive)

IMG-2948.jpg

IMG-2947.jpg

LRJ88

Enlightened
A wee update on the adventures of the Swedish postal service and their special attitude towards actually delivering the things they're supposed to; Malkoff resent the package, a bit after they did the package stuck in customs started moving. It after a while claimed to be out for delivery, followed by it failing to be delivered to me, something that happens if it's supposed to be a signed delivery. After a failed delivery it normally gets delivered to the nearest post checkpoint for pickup there, this package just went poof for a week without any news. Then randomly yesterday it was saying once again that the package was being loaded for delivery, and then hours later that it had been delivered to my post box. I get home after work and lo and behold, no bloody package. I'll check a few things today, but so far i'm flabbergasted as to how our postal service can even claim to work.

turbodog

Flashaholic
A wee update on the adventures of the Swedish postal service and their special attitude towards actually delivering the things they're supposed to; Malkoff resent the package, a bit after they did the package stuck in customs started moving. It after a while claimed to be out for delivery, followed by it failing to be delivered to me, something that happens if it's supposed to be a signed delivery. After a failed delivery it normally gets delivered to the nearest post checkpoint for pickup there, this package just went poof for a week without any news. Then randomly yesterday it was saying once again that the package was being loaded for delivery, and then hours later that it had been delivered to my post box. I get home after work and lo and behold, no bloody package. I'll check a few things today, but so far i'm flabbergasted as to how our postal service can even claim to work.
Sounds a lot like the USPS.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Looks nice
Is that an Elzetta lanyard ring?
Now that you mention it, it might be! I forgot where I had got it, it's been a while.

These Cloud deep carry clips are replacing Prometheus titanium clips on my Malkoffs, which never looked right to me because of how low they ride on the body. Plus the cloud clips have very strong retention, I'd trust them to clip the light to the outside of a pack or some similar application.

QMT93

Enlightened
I just checked Malkoff website. The E2XTD is no longer on sale, and I no longer see any reviews. What am I missing?

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
A pro-Malkoff rant I thought best suited to the front porch…

I had been running a pair of Hi/Lo M91BN's in 21700 bodies - sometimes on a 21700, other times on a pair of 18350's. Inventory stars aligned, and I ordered (2) MD3 bodies, a Super Hound Dog head (neutral) and a Wildcat XP-L Head (neutral). Once in hand, the big heads went on the 21700 bodies, and the M91b's went on the MD3's.

First, I love the big heads driven by the single 21700. I didn't love the beam on the Hound Dog for my uses, so I added some DC fix and it is like a juiced up WildCat. That modified Hound Dog Super is the best dog walking light I've ever used - it easily throws 400 feet while also lighting up your feet. The wildcat sits on my nightstand - I like it for indoors but isn't a slouch outside either. There are so many positives to this battery format with these large heads - great size, so much run time on high, and they do not seem to overheat with extended use. You give up a bit of output on high and lot of output on low, but is anyone buying these large heads to run on low?

And the MD3 w/ M91bN is the ultimate omnivore. I currently reserve these lights for emergency and travel use (we have lots of power outages) and it is just fun to think about all the battery combinations that could give me light. Mine are loaded with 2x18500's, but if it fits, it works. There is an old YouTube video about the MD3 Omnivore that could use an update, because the current M91bN can handle anything from multiple Li-Ion down to a couple Alkaline AA's without the need to swap drop ins.

It's an awesome family of lights - definitely something for everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_7914.jpeg
    IMG_7914.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7868.jpeg
    IMG_7868.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 89

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I'm sure everyone here received this email. "New Malkoff Malkoff M61 SHO Available!" That's pretty cool. I wonder when it will be on the mid sized light page as a complete light.

Johnny Ryall

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure everyone here received this email. "New Malkoff Malkoff M61 SHO Available!" That's pretty cool. I wonder when it will be on the mid sized light page as a complete light.
HAHA I just saw the email went to put it in my cart and it sold out, I wonder how many went so fast, I have all these md2 parts ready to go, got a big order in for md3's and 4's in route too, woulda been an expensive week