The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bumping the LLLL SST-20 idea. Is anybody enthusiastic enough to put this together or did the boat leave?

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorite beater lights is my Surefire G2X Pro, and except for the tint of the LED, the high/low is perfect. So a M261N drop-in would be awesome with 15/450 Lumens.

I know the High/Low switch does the same thing, but I like it to be controlled by the tail switch. And I am not keen on the M361, since I don't care for a med level.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Gene to ask if it was possible to get a NW LED in the MDC HA TAC or SHO (CR123), and he said there'd never been much interest in those. I'd also love to see the hi/lo ring offered in the CR123 MDC lights (I didn't email to ask about this), as it's become my favorite UI thanks to my MD2.

Combine those two, and an MDC HA SHO CR123, NW LED, hi/lo ring would be amazing. Am I the only one who'd love to see that option?

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Gene to ask if it was possible to get a NW LED in the MDC HA TAC or SHO (CR123), and he said there'd never been much interest in those. I'd also love to see the hi/lo ring offered in the CR123 MDC lights (I didn't email to ask about this), as it's become my favorite UI thanks to my MD2.

Combine those two, and an MDC HA SHO CR123, NW LED, hi/lo ring would be amazing. Am I the only one who'd love to see that option?
I would love hi/low for the MDC. But I find the low mode on the MD2 so dim its almost unusable except in complete darkness (& thats supposed to be 20lm). So maybe around 40-80lm low and the 320lm high would be great for me. Im guessing Surefire 15lm low is actually far brighter, or the ring on my MD2 doesn't work correctly.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
I would love hi/low for the MDC. But I find the low mode on the MD2 so dim its almost unusable except in complete darkness (& thats supposed to be 20lm). So maybe around 40-80lm low and the 320lm high would be great for me. Im guessing Surefire 15lm low is actually far brighter, or the ring on my MD2 doesn't work correctly.
Surefire's stated 15 lumens on a G2X is bright enough for me to easily see anything at night in my house and around my property, without messing with my nigh vision. My incan 6P at 65 lumens is a little too bright for me, if I am trying not to annoy the wife. I also own a Surefore Tactician, and the stated 5 lumen, is too low for me.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire's stated 15 lumens on a G2X is bright enough for me to easily see anything at night in my house and around my property, without messing with my nigh vision. My incan 6P at 65 lumens is a little too bright for me, if I am trying not to annoy the wife. I also own a Surefore Tactician, and the stated 5 lumen, is too low for me.
Im very sure that P60 is actually well over 100 lumens. Its way brighter then 80lm M61WLL and still brighter then Lumen factory HO4 rated at 150lm. Also kleep in mind those incan lamps are gonna have higher lux so even at equal Lumens they will appear brighter then equivalent LED.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
For me it's just about ideal as a "compromise low." If I'm getting 3+ modes, I want one to be a sub-lumen mode, which is all I need for getting around the house at night without disturbing anyone, or in other very dark places (movie theaters, etc.).

But if I'm not getting 3+ modes, as is the case with the MD2 hi/lo, I love a low level that still works for midnight navigation while also being useful in dim light. For everything else, the ~400 lumens from the M61N is just about perfect for my needs.

That said, a higher low on a (theoretical) MDC with a hi/lo ring would still be awesome. :)

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont need one light to do everything. I rarely ever wake up during the night & for navigating a dark room I can use a rotary or my AA zebra on some super low level. I see low kinda more as a versatile allrounder with good runtime & ive discovered for me thats about 80lm. Pretty much perfect for everything. Tho im sure if Gene were to actually make a hi/low for the MDC It'd be around 10-25lm.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
Im very sure that P60 is actually well over 100 lumens. Its way brighter then 80lm M61WLL and still brighter then Lumen factory HO4 rated at 150lm. Also kleep in mind those incan lamps are gonna have higher lux so even at equal Lumens they will appear brighter then equivalent LED.
Interesting, as I was looking at the M61WLL for my 6P and read it's almost the same output as the P60. Wonder if the M61L is closer.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, as I was looking at the M61WLL for my 6P and read it's almost the same output as the P60. Wonder if the M61L is closer.
M61L is most certainly brighter then P60. It might just come down to lux, M61s are much floodier then incan P60. The Hound dog with its 80lm low looks almost the same as a P60. Makes me wonder how they calculated the 150lm for the HO4 tho. I think around 100-120lm for a P60 on fresh batteries is a reasonable assumption.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would be fantastic

One of my favorite beater lights is my Surefire G2X Pro, and except for the tint of the LED, the high/low is perfect. So a M261N drop-in would be awesome with 15/450 Lumens.

I know the High/Low switch does the same thing, but I like it to be controlled by the tail switch. And I am not keen on the M361, since I don't care for a med level.

Last edited:

CHNeal

Enlightened
Its this very issue that will keep me running the M91T on a MD3 body instead of the smaller MD2/M61HOT. That low is just no good to me so It keeps a second light in my pocket which I would rather not have to do.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You can run two 16340 in a MD2. Run times wont be great but should give you the output your looking for.