The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the HD 18650's head be smaller in diameter similar to the Wildcat V6? #wishlist

I've wondered about that, too. Wouldn't the overall length of the light need to increase in order to accommodate a deeper, narrower reflector? That would be easier for me to pocket. Not sure about other folks.

MDC + high / low ring :thumbsup:

MDC + hi cri / nichia :paypal:

m61 + hicri / nichia :wave:

wildcat 18650

MDC 2AA neutral :whistle:

26650 hosts compatible with the heads of previous models :eek:

hound dog 18650 super :devil:

home run!!!

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
I would love to see MDC with CR123 and RCR123.

If you want a light to use mostly RCRs that can take a primary and make light in a pinch, you can do that now. Just need a "NEUTRAL MDC HA LMH LI-ION RECHARGEABLE HEAD" (omit "neutral" if you prefer cool) and a 123 MDC body. They are available separately on the site. Basically, it's a 16650 MDC head. The caveat is it drops out of regulation at 3.4, so a single primary will always be direct drive. If you want to use both kinds of cell regularly, we'll have to hope he brings one out with a wider voltage range.

I'm assuming you want one that can use both kinds in regulation, but I wanted to throw that out there in case you normally prefer RCRs.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
I'm looking for a detailed review of the MDC XPL. There doesn't seem to be any for that specific config....or is my search-fu failing me?

There's a few good posts buried in this thread, instead of the review section, so they can be quite hard to find. Mostly referred to as 16650 MDC rather than XP-L. You can piece together a lot, but it's a chore (I did that before I got mine). I need to do an in-depth write up of mine (Neutral version) now that we have some EDC time together. Anything specific you want to know in the meantime?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I would like to see Gene make a M31NL or NLL. Also make a multi mode AA based light that doesn't use PWM or lack polarity protection. Anyone remember how the Hi/Lo ring works with the M31s. I read someplace yea have to turn it on high first but not sure.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone remember how the Hi/Lo ring works with the M31s. I read someplace yea have to turn it on high first but not sure.

Just posted this in the malkoff junkies thread.. Prefect addition to my MD1

MD1 with custom Hi/Low ring :)

33OHM resistor works very well with a M31.

6ac3ddc5a20482b2e2ade522515f9fdf.jpg

And it's not compete until it's potted..

8ce0344623ec8af6cfff736ee6eada70.jpg

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rarely get a new light but when I do, it's a Malkoff.

so I upgraded from M61LLL 219 to M61LLL 219B. The tint is much better, it does not have that bizarre pink in it or something.

Have anyone experienced efficiency improvements in the "219B" version, specifically M61LLL 219B?

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see Gene make a M31NL or NLL. Also make a multi mode AA based light that doesn't use PWM or lack polarity protection. Anyone remember how the Hi/Lo ring works with the M31s. I read someplace yea have to turn it on high first but not sure.

+2 , The 219 is Ok but I actually prefer the neutral crees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts