The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues

Enlightened
I'm a weak, weak man...but in my defense, I've been sitting around the house unable to lift weights or shoot or do anything useful since injuring my hands in a fall three weeks ago today. (16 stitches in my right hand, 6 in my left and a well lacerated left knee.) Plus my b'day fell during this period of sitting around moping and feeling useless.
So, I decided to buy myself a belated b'day present from my wife...

Malkoff Wildcat V6
1 MD4 / Neutral 4000K 90CRI
2 KeepPower 18650 3400ma Li-ion Protected Cell
Subtotal $194.99
Discount - $19.49
Shipping Free
Total USD $175.50

I actually thought about doing the Hound Dog MD4 and the Wildcat head but after looking at the beam shots I realized that the Wildcat really makes the most sense for my environment and use...which is primarily rural and forested.

Oh, forgot to mention that I hate you all. :crackup:

stevie-ca

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen anyone reports on the Wildcat head's construction. Does it have a standard high/low ring? If it does and said ring is removed does an M61HOT-like drop-in slide out?

Yes it does have a high/low ring. Yes it does have a M61 style drop-in.

Last edited:

Blues

Enlightened
Did we suck you in?

C'mon guys there's only two left :thumbsup:

Yeah, you guys did. But since I have nothing with a wide spill in my arsenal and my terrain, (taken with my phone from the back deck a few months ago), looks like this, it's actually something that can come in handy if the dog goes off on a wander at night or I need to check the house or property for varmints of the two or four legged variety...

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

Blues

Enlightened
Nice yard, all I have is a brick wall and houses on all sides.

Thanks, Stevie. Having grown up in NY, (Brooklyn and Queens), and always living in apartments, (NY, San Francisco, Key Biscayne et al), before buying our home here in the mountains, I totally understand.

I only wish that I had had the foresight to buy more land and situate ourselves further from neighbors. But the whole experience was new to me buying our first home at 50.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a weak, weak man...but in my defense, I've been sitting around the house unable to lift weights or shoot or do anything useful since injuring my hands in a fall three weeks ago today. (16 stitches in my right hand, 6 in my left and a well lacerated left knee.) Plus my b'day fell during this period of sitting around moping and feeling useless.

Get well soon E!!

I'm also up a mountain but with less foliage, hence I prefer the lights with a bit more throw!

Sunrise_zpsbwmr8ksu.jpg

Blues

Enlightened
Dave, the images you send me make me very envious. You truly live in a beautiful environment.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

Malkoff Wildcat V6
1 MD4 / Neutral 4000K 90CRI
2 KeepPower 18650 3400ma Li-ion Protected Cell
Subtotal$194.99
Discount - $19.49
ShippingFree
TotalUSD $175.50

I actually thought about doing the Hound Dog MD4 and the Wildcat head but after looking at the beam shots I realized that the Wildcat really makes the most sense for my environment and use...which is primarily rural and forested.

Oh, forgot to mention that I hate you all. :crackup:
Sorry to hear this Blues. From what I read you wrote a while back I believe your still in great shape that training never leaves us. Many years of isometric training and stretching has kept me very fluid as yourself I'm certain of that. Just being unable to be active is the hardest part of any injury. Hopefully your stretching whatever areas you can while unable to use your hands and knee. My mom use to tell me injuries is God's way of slowing us down :) Stay positive my brother. Your pictures are amazing such a beautiful area indeed.

Happy bday also!!!

A picture of a couple malkoffs for you. My largest collection are p60's but out of respect to this thread I won't post them hear:)

take a screenshot

Last edited:

Blues

Enlightened
Sorry to hear this Blues. From what I read you wrote a while back I believe your still in great shape that training never leaves us. Many years of isometric training and stretching has kept me very fluid as yourself I'm certain of that. Just being unable to be active is the hardest part of any injury. Hopefully your stretching whatever areas you can while unable to use your hands and knee. My mom use to tell me injuries is God's way of slowing us down :) Stay positive my brother. Your pictures are amazing such a beautiful area indeed.

Happy bday also!!!

Thank you, brother, those words mean a lot. I keep fit with a lot of walking and hitting the weights a couple of times a week but I won't be entering any contests anytime soon (with or without the injury as an excuse). :p

We're fortunate to live in scenic part of the country surrounded by state and national forests. The mountains remind me of my years spent backpacking, x-c skiing and rock climbing in the Adirondack region of upstate NY with considerably less snow.

We also have quite a few scenic waterfalls in our county. The water scenes from Daniel Day Lewis' "Last of the Mohicans" were filmed about four miles from here as the crow flies.

More importantly, thank you again for the well wishes. It means the world.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Okay, so the way I see it...if I were to add a Hound Dog XM-L MD4 (neutral) and throw in a Wildcat V6 head (neutral) to the Malkoff MDCs and drop-ins below, I'd be done...

Malkoff_Lights.jpg

(Surefire 6z / M61; MDC Neutral XP-L 16650; Surefire E2e / E2 head; MDC HA 2AA)

...Right??? A thrower and a wide angle and Bob's your uncle! (I've always wanted to use that in a sentence.)

Way to slide that slogan in there.

Nice collection there.

Blues

Enlightened
Way to slide that slogan in there.

Nice collection there.

Thanks. And you're partially to blame for the Wildcat which should be here next week following your excellent description.

Well, what's that they say?...in for a penny, in for a pound! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't we fortunate that this site serves both to entice as well as provide a support group at the same time. :p
The beautiful thing about CPF . We are all outdoors type of guys hunting fishing hiking etc. Add some overpowered lights some great knowledge and no drama!! And some gransfors bruks axes glocks custom knines. Lol

screen capture

Blues

Enlightened
The beautiful thing about CPF . We are all outdoors type of guys hunting fishing hiking etc. Add some overpowered lights some great knowledge and no drama!! And some gransfors bruks axes glocks custom knines. Lol

screen capture

Now you're talking! (Nice sambar stag on that fixed blade, btw.)

I've got a handful of Gransfors Bruks hatchets and axes, more knives than I know what to do with, (as befits a super mod from bladeforums), and a few firearms (most of which were carried, or the same models I had carried, on the job in years past).

Speaking of firearms, are you the last guy in CA that has a handgun? (Just kidding but I do hate to see the increasing restrictions you're having to deal with.)

Status
Not open for further replies.