The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
To anyone who has experience purchasing from Illumn, what is the difference between "Sold Out" and "Backordered." Given what we know about the supply chain, it seems these are more or less synonymous. They do claim to have seven M61 SHO 219 b's in stock. I'd like to get one, but I've heard negative things about their stock being represented correctly on the website.

I have made a good number of purchases from them. They have always treated me well and responded fast to any question or problem. That said have heard of the issue you described. You can email them to ask if they're in stock. Odds are if you complete the order and they don't have it an email inquiry the next day to verify would take care of it. I think they're honest it's just occasionally the systems get crossed near as I can tell. Once purchased an item shown in stock but they didn't have it. The issue was cleared up fast once the problem holding up my order (1 dollar item in a larger order) was uncovered.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have made a good number of purchases from them. They have always treated me well and responded fast to any question or problem. That said have heard of the issue you described. You can email them to ask if they're in stock. Odds are if you complete the order and they don't have it an email inquiry the next day to verify would take care of it. I think they're honest it's just occasionally the systems get crossed near as I can tell. Once purchased an item shown in stock but they didn't have it. The issue was cleared up fast once the problem holding up my order (1 dollar item in a larger order) was uncovered.

Thank you. :wave:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their stocking system is definitely not always accurate. A while back, i ordered a couple of modules that said in stock. After several days of no updated status to my order, i emailed them. They had to issue a refund because of no stock and did not know if/when they would have stock.

Your best option if stock is showing low is to give them a call. I think I had to make a call one time as well. Hit or miss if they will answer. being Ca li based, I'm sure they get fairly busy. Other than these setbacks, my experiences have been good

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their stocking system is definitely not always accurate. A while back, i ordered a couple of modules that said in stock. After several days of no updated status to my order, i emailed them. They had to issue a refund because of no stock and did not know if/when they would have stock.

Your best option if stock is showing low is to give them a call. I think I had to make a call one time as well. Hit or miss if they will answer. being Ca li based, I'm sure they get fairly busy. Other than these setbacks, my experiences have been good

Thanks. My wife and I recently bought a house with a small back yard. I find that my larger lights are overkill for the space. The Hound Dogs don't even have room to stretch their legs. I was thinking that an M61 SHO 219b in an MD3 with a 22.3mm head and a high/low ring would make an ideal back yard light.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Thanks. My wife and I recently bought a house with a small back yard. I find that my larger lights are overkill for the space. The Hound Dogs don't even have room to stretch their legs. I was thinking that an M61 SHO 219b in an MD3 with a 22.3mm head and a high/low ring would make an ideal back yard light.

I have concocted lesser reasons to justify a Malkoff purchase. Whatever it takes brother. :)

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on getting the new house and getting out of the apartment:thumbsup:
I do not have a lot of room at my house either in the back yard. and any general purpose light is enough to shine 100ft across my yard, plus i try not to disturb the neighbors. I'm very happy for you, it's a great feeling to have a place of your own to call home.

I like WW's last comment about justification:laughing:

and before i forget: @Marco, nice pics and from looking at them, I can agree that they are a close representation of what I would see for comparison. Great job and nice looking place you have there:thumbsup:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have concocted lesser reasons to justify a Malkoff purchase. Whatever it takes brother. :)

Love it. This is the first time in a while I've had anything approaching a justification. Feels good, actually.

I always seem to be able to find justification for Malkoff purchases! Agree with WW :thumbsup: No regrets at all from that first M60WL purchase on! My only lament is that I did not buy a few more limited run modules while they were available.:sigh:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modernflame,

Definitely confirm illumn.com inventory for the module, and ask protocol on backordered items

You may have received email notice, as i did, from illumn. Ran a weekend 50% off XTAR sale (I've been wanting the Dragon charger) illumn site had the unit "backordered" for weeks. However, during the Veterans Day Sale the Dragon was made available to add to cart and pay..
Hunh..I contacted (email) Craig/owner said the charger was Not currently available to ship.
He mentioned XTAR has a minimum amount order which he has Not met, yet, and could Not give me an ETA on delivery of my purchases
IMO, If he confirms the items you want are in stock ready to ship. I would purchase through PayPay and click-on "Pay when Shipped"

Edit: Although I've never had issues with ordering from illumn, I don't like doing business this way, and i also have the convenience to visit his shop and purchase parts over the counter -- Craig did extend the Dragon sale price to me at anytime the charger becomes re.stocked

If you place an order please keep us posted

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
In regards to illumn and please delete this if its against rules. If your order is high enough illumination gives you a good discount on the order

jarheadgreasemonkey

Newly Enlightened
pOXyHIK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.