The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Is that E series tailcap a Malkoff thing or a SF thing, or neither?
Sorry, I'm becoming a tailcap anorak.
Thanks,
P
It is an E-Series tailcap made by Malkoff and available on their site. I was not aware of it until another member mentioned it. I was using the crenelated tailcap off an E2D LED Defender Ultra, but I prefer this.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, i use never dull. Comes out looking better than new. I also used it on some used modules that had spots and looked like crap...still turned out better than new.

I think i have some of that flitz too(or something similar) but haven't used it. Never dull is just too easy, it's basically it's own cleaning rag. You use little bits of the wadding material (i think that's what they call it.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my high-low ring malfunction, kind of, possibly some oil got on it. I lubed the threads.

It would not go into the low mode reliably.

I cleaned with that electrical contacts cleaner and it went back to normal.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok found it, thanks. Appreciated.
How much is the MDC HA LMH when is available ?

I think it's around the $90 mark. I believe it should be in line with the ones in stock.

You might want to email or call to see what kind of lead time you're looking at. Not sure if Gene is making any upgrades, waiting on parts, etc. Could still be recouping from last sale, it's hard to say.

Normally there are not this many oos items, and for this long. I think the only time ive seen this was earlier this year when they had a big sale

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene has made some changes to the website in recent months. One more positive change would be to leave the price on the product page even when something is sold out. It would help junkies plan ahead.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Recently aquired the latest m31L for a md3 host/ hi lo ring with 1x123+2 spacers or x2 eneloop. I noticed it wont start from low from the off posiotion with either configuration. I have to go to high then low for low to work. All batteries are full voltage, anyone come across the same thing?

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
M31:
Stock resistor is 75ohm. A minimum of a 50ohm resistor is needed for M31 to function properly

Most like to use a 33ohm resistor. If you want a more useful low mode you need around a 7ohm resistor. I modified a h/l ring for woodswalker and i believe I used a 7.5ohm resistor. I can't recall the output though. I think we set it for around 10-15lm but not certain.

I think a 33ohm resist gives around 5lm

Status
Not open for further replies.