The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotherps1

Newly Enlightened
I would wager that most of the intended users of Malkoffs 2+ cell bodies also carry some form of smaller back-up light that could serve our lower power needs whether it's a keychain light or a pocket EDC. Thus, I find the lows more important in the MDC series than in the big brothers. I think ideally, Gene could sell a selection of different powered Hi/Lo rings for our own customization. Here, take my money!
You might be right. I've been carrying a Zebralight SC80 since they first came out. Still carry and love my SureFire 6Z, 6P and Malkoffs MD2 & MD3.

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
My low on my M61N running off a single 18650 is ideal for me when my eyes are adjusted to the dark.but then again I'm a HDS guy and .33 lumens is way more then enough when it's totally dark. My problem is I use this setup as my work light as well so at work you are right the low is way to low. 50-60 would be ideal if you are not using it in pitch black.

My M61NL is my go to for walking the dog. Also running a single 18650. This light has the high/low ring but I normally keep it on high when walking the dog.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of this chatter about Malkoff modules and batteries makes me feel spend thrifty. I don't even have a dog, but I'd like to walk one after dark. Maybe I need more spare parts?

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
How come I don't see the M91 lights on the website anymore? Is he out or is something new in the works or discontinued? Or am I just missing something?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's easy enough to put one together. MD4 body and switch, MDX head plus the drop in. All Malkoff lights are modular, so it's simplicity itself to assemble one.
P

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had threatened to post a pic of this the other day...so here it is. E1B body with VME head, the perfect size for a nice single level M61NLL. Fits very unobtrusively in the pocket, you hardly know it's there. The other one is just for fun.

dGxfxlE.jpg

Last edited:

JLeephoto

Newly Enlightened
I had threatened to post a pic of this the other day...so here it is. E1B body with VME head, the perfect size for a nice single level M61NLL. Fits very unobtrusively in the pocket, you hardly know it's there. The other one is just for fun.

dGxfxlE.jpg

I've debated something similar for some time. I'd love to see some size comparisons with something like the MDCs or other single cell 123 size lights.

Nimitz68

Enlightened

dGxfxlE.jpg

I have a couple older E1B Backups and saw your post. Great idea! I just ordered a VME head and M61NLL dropin. Looking forward to trying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.