The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I have gotten so many lately I'm getting confused as to what's in what. In fact I came extremely close to putting my M361W from the special run in one of my 3 cell hosts. 😳

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya true story. I would of been extremely upset.not like I can get another one and it probably has the best tint I have ever seen. I absolutely love it.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The genius of Malkoff modules is that the individual products have been optimized for 2xAA/1xCR123, 1xLiIon, and 2xLiIon.

Which of course means that we have to own one of each at a minimum, lol.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's genius. I wish they came from Mr. Malkoff with the stickers on. Any issues with heat?

No issues so far but these are the L and LL modules so not too much heat.

I have the M91T but that's the only module I have with the TIR lens so that's easily identifiable.

I marked up these two because they are both in SF G3 hosts so look the same.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
You guys are killling me with all your awesome sounding drop ins. I know once I am done buying all the full light models I want, then I will also need a way to start labeling my drop ins. These Makoffs are addicting like no other light I have ran across.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's because relatively speaking there not all that expensive. You can buy a host and probably 2-3 drop ins for the cost of another good light. And have much more flexibility.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's because relatively speaking there not all that expensive. You can buy a host and probably 2-3 drop ins for the cost of another good light. And have much more flexibility.

Then the crazy begins. Stuff like the MD1.5 (from Martin D White) and De-Anodizing.
d49o6cs.jpg

Last edited:

bignc

Enlightened
I am super happy with my MD 1, MD 1.5, MD2 and MD4 bodies in addition to the MDC bodies that I have. Other than a Neutral super long range thrower, I have alot of situations covered with really 3-4 lights. And then I like to have DUPLICATES. What I love most is that I have alot of OVERLAP in what these lights and drop-ins can do. I really don;t think I have a jack of all trades/ master of none. I think Malkoff gives us good balance right out of the box and some with secondary capabilities. And when you add in the Omnivorous appetites of some of the drop-ins, it gets even better! You guys experimenting with legos and mods have really expanded my capabilities!

@greats, what are you running in your 1.5?

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Yes, I watched this video not long after it was released and being new to Malkoff my head was spinning. Now I understand it all. lol...

ven

Flashaholic
Yes some do, others require a little tweak to the inner ring diam
Malkoff
QRotLW4l.jpg

Sportac good
e1emuYNl.jpg

End p60 will not due to shape
l3xKGqkl.jpg

EDC plus also fit
4Aujkdvl.jpg

Once locking ring is opened a little(i used a debur), any will fit
tIGlSstl.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
What I wish is that some of Malkoff's drop ins would fit Surefires. Was hoping to put a m61T in my Z3😭

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question: does Gene offer a single-cell light (chemistry doesn't matter) that doesn't employ PWM?

Any of the single output models (e.g. E2 Super) or the sort with the high/low ring (e.g. MD2, Hound Dog, Wildcat). I've read that earlier versions of the Wildcat used PWM, but the current v6 does not.

Edit: Just realized you were asking for single celled lights. This excludes the Wildcat and the Hound Dog XML. However, it will still include the Hound Dog 18650.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.