The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
BTW I'd really dig a Malkoff MDC SHO AA, maybe 125 or 150 lumens for 1 hour on standard eneloop (with no instant shutoff, and can run on a primary in an emergency), it would have to have "protected against reverse polarity" though

I would be all over this. The AA MDC is my travel light and I find myself using it mostly on high. I would love to have a single output AA light at 150lm.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Now that you mention it, that would be a pretty sweet light... :thumbsup:

I would be all over this. The AA MDC is my travel light and I find myself using it mostly on high. I would love to have a single output AA light at 150lm.

Thanks guys, based on your interest along with a couple of other users from a few years ago who mentioned they would love a SHO AA, I have created a poll in this thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?459509-Malkoff-MDC-HA-SHO-1AA

I think I overdid it with the FAQ, just wanted to be thorough.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
We actually do have threads for those topics, but there seems to be little member interest in utilizing that sort of organization - so we just get this 17,000+ post mess here ...

I wouldn't say that there's little interest. It's just challenging to keep various Malkoff threads organized. HDS has a dedicated sub-forum that keeps the threads bundled together. Like Bykfixer said, we'd need a way of grouping the threads together. Basically, we just need one box to keep our toys in.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the problem that there's no-one to moderate a Malkoff Forum?
Hogo does the HDS one, but I think without a dedicated moderator there cannot be a Malkoff Forum to group the various threads under.
I can't do it, I'm far too grumpy.
P

Last edited:

340pd

Newly Enlightened
Has there been any word on a AAA Malkoff? I check the site a couple times a year to see but nothing yet. A smaller MDC with the same quality and interface would be my grail light.
I completely agree. I have a handfull of AAA lights but anything Malkoff made would be fantastic. I would also like to see it run on 10440 rechargeables giving me an option.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
With the E01 now discontinued and Arc no more maybe there is an opening for a bomb proof PSK AAA light. I have E01s in several PSKs. However maybe these lights are no longer made for a reason aka low demand.

340pd

Newly Enlightened
With the E01 now discontinued and Arc no more maybe there is an opening for a bomb proof PSK AAA light. I have E01s in several PSKs. However maybe these lights are no longer made for a reason aka low demand.
Your videos have cost me a lot of money and I love it. Nice job.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
I would go AAA SHO for sure, not so sure about a AA though.

Different subject: Looking for compact Malkoff Thrower for when the XM-L is too large with the MD4 body. Which one would you chose below?

An E2 Hyper Throw/Scout M600 2CR123 High Output Head on a MDC 18650 to E-Series Body? (500 lumens 35,000 Lux)
Or would I be better off with a MDX 22.3-M61HOT Throw Head on a MD2 body? (740 lumens 20,000 Lux)?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
[...] We actually do have threads for those topics, but there seems to be little member interest in utilizing that sort of organization - so we just get this 17,000+ post mess here ...

I wouldn't say that there's little interest. It's just challenging to keep various Malkoff threads organized. [...]
So here we are again; we have a fresh new thread discussing the concept of a 1xAA MDC 'SHO', and many posters still want to discuss that topic here in this thread - at the same time they are posting there as well. :rolleyes:

Relevant posts moved to the other thread.

It's one thing to say that members would like organization, but the evidence is to the contrary yet again. ;)

Edit: Not being grumpy here, just amused.
I will do what I can to obtain a modicum of organization, but am certainly not volunteering to maintain a Malkoff thread compendium / subforum. :)

Last edited:

QMT93

Enlightened
Hi,
Can you explain to me how things are:

1) Does Malkoff have holiday sales, such as July 4, Black Friday, etc.?
2) Does Malkoff offer discount for students, veterans, forum members (the code is "CPF" if I understand correctly)?
3) How to apply Malkoff "20% off 1st purchase"?

I'm not lowballing Malkoff quality or service, just trying to be frugal.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
QMT93,
I can't answer your questions, but one thing to do is to email the Malkoffs (from their website), and ask to be placed on their email list. This should get you notifications for when they have sales. You might also want to ask them then how to apply for the 20% off first purchase discount.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
QMT93,
I can't answer your questions, but one thing to do is to email the Malkoffs (from their website), and ask to be placed on their email list. This should get you notifications for when they have sales. You might also want to ask them then how to apply for the 20% off first purchase discount.

Yes, once you sign up for their email list, you will be emailed your 20% off coupon code. If you have Gmail look under your promotions folder. I was on the phone with Gene while looking for mine and he said I should have it, but I never found it, two days later I saw it in my promotions folder. He just manually gave me the discount off over the phone. You can't get better lights and customer service.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, once you sign up for their email list, you will be emailed your 20% off coupon code. If you have Gmail look under your promotions folder. I was on the phone with Gene while looking for mine and he said I should have it, but I never found it, two days later I saw it in my promotions folder. He just manually gave me the discount off over the phone. You can't get better lights and customer service.

Plus, they personally sign every receipt

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya gene and Cathy are real good people.not to sound cruel but kinda glad they had a fox problem all them years ago.😁 that situation had brought a lot of joy to us nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.