The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLB

Newly Enlightened
Exciting news, Craig, thanks. Do you know which drop-ins (M61's) you will be offering? And do you have an estimate for when they will become available in the store?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I have been told there's nothing really set in stone yet, just that the gears are turning and its going to happen. I would assume V3s of mostly everything.....

That all being said I'm as in as Hansel, I think for one of everything!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1. It's never over with Malkoff.
I didn't even know Craig was planning to do the r9080 219b; i'm guessing that he is no longer offering the 219b r9050 (219b v2) anymore?

although I haven't really been around much for the past 10 mos, so anything could have flown over my head.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an m61t md2 on way but seen that it says it's a different size head is loaded on....an MDX 22.5.
....would something like an m61 9080 module fit ?, Or would a new host be needed?.
so a normal m61 md2 is different to an m61t md2 in head?.

thanks.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
All that's different in the heads is the opening at the front. The originals had a 16.5mm hole and the newer ones a 22.3mm hole. You can put any of Gene's drop ins in either head, although the Tir drop ins like a larger aperture. Also the M61T and HOT won't fit in SF hosts as their sides are straight as opposed to sloping.

P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
And if you use the 16.5 head with your M61T you will lose throw. Best to run them In the larger 22.3.I learned this the hard way as I wanted crenellations on my light. I found when I went to the 16.5 I did in fact lose a lot of throw which is why I bought it.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exciting news, Craig, thanks. Do you know which drop-ins (M61's) you will be offering? And do you have an estimate for when they will become available in the store?
M61s, M31s, M361s is the plan.

From what I have been told there's nothing really set in stone yet, just that the gears are turning and its going to happen. I would assume V3s of mostly everything.....
Yes, we're planning on doing it pre-order style so no one will be left waiting for the next run, extras will be purchased of course.

I didn't even know Craig was planning to do the r9080 219b; i'm guessing that he is no longer offering the 219b r9050 (219b v2) anymore?
correct, we ran out of LEDs from that batch!

Craig

Nichia!

Banned
M61s, M31s, M361s is the plan.

What you mean by M361s?

What I know is M361 is three modes.

Please make the M361s able to

The ability to take single 16650 li-ion or two RCr123 li-ion rechargeable or 2 Cr123

This way you will give us maximum versatility and very practical

And 2 more thing please make it 500 Lumens on high because this EDC style lights/dropins

And please change the reflector of MDC 16650 because it has many rings and artifacts!

Do this and put me in for at least 5

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
there won't be new drivers designed for this run, so 3.4-6V is the standard input voltage for the M361. I'm afraid we can't redesign a reflector just for this run :(
the nichia led is ever so slightly shorter than the cree one, hence the rings.

there won't be new drivers designed for this run, so 3.4-6V is the standard input voltage for the M361. I'm afraid we can't redesign a reflector just for this run :(
the nichia led is ever so slightly shorter than the cree one, hence the rings.

what?! redesign the reflector?
can you tell me more about that idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.