The Official Zebralight Thread .

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
Which light did ya get Joe? Also, please let us know what you think once you break it in.
I got the SC600w IV Plus and I have zero complaints so far. Still figuring out all the modes. The anodized coating is flawless. I still can't get over how small the light is, lol. I heard people getting other models for a smaller form factor. I would be scared to use/lose anything smaller!
5piiNMV.jpg

Gonna play with it a bit more after work.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the SC600w IV Plus and I have zero complaints so far. Still figuring out all the modes. The anodized coating is flawless. I still can't get over how small the light is, lol. I heard people getting other models for a smaller form factor. I would be scared to use/lose anything smaller!
5piiNMV.jpg

Yeah, it's an awesome light. If you think that is small you should see the SC64 series.

You have good taste in batteries as well I see☺️.

TCY

Enlightened
I heard people getting other models for a smaller form factor. I would be scared to use/lose anything smaller

AFAIK at this point the only two smaller 18650 lights available on the market are: ZL's own SC64 line and DQG's Tiny, but besides the ~8mm decrease in length, a ZL destroys it in every other category except price.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, it's an awesome light. If you think that is small you should see the SC64 series.

You have good taste in batteries as well I see☺️.

I've seen Odyssey batteries last 12-14 years in some pretty extreme applications lol. It's one of those times where you get what you pay. Worth every penny :) -- I got a huge stack of stickers and a few of those mats lol.

AFAIK at this point the only two smaller 18650 lights available on the market are: ZL's own SC64 line and DQG's Tiny, but besides the ~8mm decrease in length, a ZL destroys it in every other category except price.

This light is gonna be perfect for me. I have a habit(damn you Dad) of sticking flashlights in my mouth as I work on cars, etc. Just the right size to chomp down on lol.

Last edited:

R2RO

Newly Enlightened
Just received my sc600w Mk IV HI today. The shipping within the US was extremely fast. It only took four days to deliver. Got to say, I love the light! The tint is very nice and on the slightly warm side(I despise cool white). Not near as warm as my f600c mk iii, but warmer than olights neutral white. The throw is pretty awesome for such a small pocketable torch. It's a really nice pairing with the floody headlamp(h600fc). It throws waaay farther than fc, around four times more. The spill is enough to really light the path, not just a needle point hot spot. Not sure why some people complain the lows aren't low enough on the Mk IV's, it's super low. Too low for me to ever program the lowest in fact. I like the "moonlights" too.

Bottom line is that it's an awesome outdoors/woods torch. Took it on a night hike as soon as the sun went down. I used to think the h600fc had some distance just by pure output, but this takes it to a whole other level. Can't go wrong with a ZL. Small, efficient, and best UI in the business. And no its not difficult to learn at all.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I was also gonna mention mine had a great tint as well. Btw, I'm not seeing much Rosey color like I've seen in some people's shots. The color is great!

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, I forgot I even had a DQG Tiny. Yes, it's a nice light, and extremely small. Not much bigger than just the battery. But, yes, the Zebralight is a nicer light overall. I guess that's why my DQG gets so little use. If you have a Zebralight, the DQG doesn't really have a place, unless you really really need something a bit smaller.

Just received my sc600w Mk IV HI today. The shipping within the US was extremely fast. It only took four days to deliver.

Jealous! I'm still waiting for mine to ship. :mad: It's in stock, but I guess they all took the last few days before Christmas off. Still, mine has to come from China. Does China even take Christmas off?

Anyway, I was trying to decide which SC600w mkIV model to get, but from reports like yours, is sounds like I made the right choice. It will be my first Zebralight with the new UI, so I'm looking forward to setting it up so I don't accidentally blind myself in the middle of the night with a bad click length. That was really my only complaint about Zebralights, in the past.

Not sure why some people complain the lows aren't low enough on the Mk IV's, it's super low. Too low for me to ever program the lowest in fact. I like the "moonlights" too.

The really low moonlights are great for getting up on moonless nights, if you live out in the country. Just enough to see with, but not enough to wake you up or spoil any night vision. If you have any stray light at all (neighbor's street lights, you live near a town, etc), then the lowest moonlights are rather pointless.

R2RO

Newly Enlightened
I totally agree that moonlight settings are very useful, around the house or getting out of a tent at night. I'm just saying that the Mk IVs have gotten some flak for not going low enough. I definitely don't agree with that. It's really really low. Any lower and it would be off. Can't please everyone I guess.

Also there's no battery rattle at all with the unprotected cells from the zebralight store on the sc600w Mk IV HI.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I totally agree that moonlight settings are very useful, around the house or getting out of a tent at night. I'm just saying that the Mk IVs have gotten some flak for not going low enough. I definitely don't agree with that. It's really really low. Any lower and it would be off. Can't please everyone I guess.

Also there's no battery rattle at all with the unprotected cells from the zebralight store on the sc600w Mk IV HI.

I haven't got mine yet, but if they've dropped the extreme lows they have on some models it's not much of a loss. I think they list them as 0.01 lumens, but they're actually about 0.001 lumens or less. Extremely dim, and useless even in total darkness. I like the low they list as 0.06 lumens (sometimes second-lowest on some models, sometimes the lowest); it is quite useful.

I haven't got my new light yet, but I too hope they haven't dropped the 0.06 lumen level. I don't care if they drop the one dimmer than that. From the description on the website, I think they've dropped the extreme low.

typevii

Newly Enlightened
Well i guess this is one where we are all searching for the perfect flashlight.
For me, the sc600fd mkIII with a low of 0.18 is useless to me as a true moonlight mode, way too bright. I love the H1 and H2, mediums i never use, and low, well it is just too high now.
So still searching for a true low option and an amazing high. Waiting to see what the new mkiv headlights can do, but after the sc600 fd it's going to be tough.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone with the SC64C and/or SC64W AND the SC600w MK4 Plus. Who's got a more even beam across the entire width of the beam, IOW, who floods better? Thanks.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone with the SC64C and/or SC64W AND the SC600w MK4 Plus. Who's got a more even beam across the entire width of the beam, IOW, who floods better? Thanks.
Well, they are both pretty similar but, I would go with the Plus. It is super bright(both spill and hotspot) and it has a bit larger hotspot which covers more area especially at range.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a SC64w as well to give me a different CCT and emitter option. I will post my thoughts on it vs the 64c when it arrives. I might grab a HI eventually too for a throwier option to go along with my Plus. Man these ZL's are addicting:).

Last edited:

terjee

Enlightened
Got shipping notification for an SC600Fc Mk IV Plus, at 04:38 CEST.

Really looking forward to testing this, it'll most likely be my primary indoor light for quite some time.

markr6

Flashaholic
I finally pulled the trigger on the SC64w. Also ordered another IV HI since my first one was defective. Fingers crossed for two good samples with good tints. BE THERE!! NO WHAMMY!

R2RO

Newly Enlightened
It seems the plus vs Hi thread is dead. Anyone have both and can give some insight? Also wondering about sc64 vs sc53 or maybe compared to headlamp varieties for smaller edc lights. Pics please! Please and thank you.

Connor

Enlightened
I can't decide between the 600 or 64.... it's a tough choice.

I vote for the 600s. If you plan to use the high modes often, the additional mass makes quite a difference.
The 6x serie's only winning point is size/weight.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't decide between the 600 or 64.... it's a tough choice.
The 64 is better as an EDC light. It has a nice screwed on clip and is easier to clip and unclip from your pocket. It is also lighter and more slender so it is more comfortable to carry clipped in your front pants pocket.

The 600 has a better in hand feel and is much more grippy due to its knurling. It is better for extended use and handles the heat of the high modes better.

They both have their pros and cons and excel at different things. The simple answer is buy both:).