The Official Zebralight Thread .

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy from ZL and it takes 2-3 days, but I just thought of several of the US guys and wondered what happened...just curious.

Maybe ZL didn't want to sell the lights at wholesale price. Generally, a retailer will sell it for double what it pays wholesale. So, Zebralight can either sell a light wholesale for $50 to a retailer, or sell it for $100 themselves. Depending on the margins, it can make more sense to sell direct, especially now that anyone can open an on-line store and do it themselves.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe ZL didn't want to sell the lights at wholesale price. Generally, a retailer will sell it for double what it pays wholesale. So, Zebralight can either sell a light wholesale for $50 to a retailer, or sell it for $100 themselves. Depending on the margins, it can make more sense to sell direct, especially now that anyone can open an on-line store and do it themselves.

Margins for the dealers was very low. By the time they handle any returns or warranty claims, it's not worth it.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Zebralight has just updated the spreadsheet and added Eco series flashlights and headlamps. Models F5 and H5 (AA), F6 and H6 (18650).

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any of you Zebra folks use a headlamp (detached from the headstrap) as your normal everyday flashlight? Headlamps are a new world to me and while I would get use out of it when camping or doing certain things, it's main usage would be hand held. Just wanted to see if anyone out there does the same and what are the pros and cons of using a headlamp as a handheld light. Happy Friday!

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Any of you Zebra folks use a headlamp (detached from the headstrap) as your normal everyday flashlight? Headlamps are a new world to me and while I would get use out of it when camping or doing certain things, it's main usage would be hand held. Just wanted to see if anyone out there does the same and what are the pros and cons of using a headlamp as a handheld light. Happy Friday!

I sure do! I won't even get an SC5x or SC6x because my H53c and H600Fc do everything that they can, and more. Although I'll probably get an SC7x in the future...

They are much preferred by me because you can set them up on table and point in any direction, either on tailcap or by using pocket clip as a wedge. You can also clip it in your breast pocket or shirt collar. Additionally, slap some magnets on the pocket clip and you have an entire hemisphere you can point the light at - these options are not possible with a straight light. The only disadvantage I can think of is that some people prefer the feel of straight lights in their hand.

kjZFcVA.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
I have been using h600fw mkII here and there in work, as mentioned it can feel kind of different compared to the straight light. Its handy for quick inspections, nice 4400k i also like and is easy on the eye. I do sometimes wish it had a magnetic tail cap, however i have a habit of knocking them off anyway..............maybe a good thing!
nXhjdGel.jpg

With clip, can be placed on the front of a coat/jacket for ease. For my general EDC uses, i could use it for that yes. Just the change in hold would be the only slight issue. I might give it ago for a bit this winter:)

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using h600fw mkII here and there in work, as mentioned it can feel kind of different compared to the straight light. Its handy for quick inspections, nice 4400k i also like and is easy on the eye....
What is the warmest Zebralight available?

ven

Flashaholic
4000k iirc is around the warmest, trouble i have found though, its quite yellow or certainly a risk of.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a H502w since Sep 2016 (ribbed tube), and I picked it up and started playing with it. Long story short, it just replaced my PD22 in my pocket as EDC. I know it's a headlight - with a top button and side beam, but I like it as a pocket light. Just checked the battery indicator and it flashed 4 times - is that max? What does the CE on the side stand for?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a H502w since Sep 2016 (ribbed tube), and I picked it up and started playing with it. Long story short, it just replaced my PD22 in my pocket as EDC. I know it's a headlight - with a top button and side beam, but I like it as a pocket light. Just checked the battery indicator and it flashed 4 times - is that max? What does the CE on the side stand for?

CE is an abbreviation for some regulatory arm that approves consumer electronics. It's found on radios, computers, etc.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a H502w since Sep 2016 (ribbed tube), and I picked it up and started playing with it. Long story short, it just replaced my PD22 in my pocket as EDC. I know it's a headlight - with a top button and side beam, but I like it as a pocket light. Just checked the battery indicator and it flashed 4 times - is that max?
Just found the box and sure enough, the pocket clips was in it - perfect for a lanyard - and it indexes the beam orientation for no look draw and operation during pre-sunrise dog poop pickup duties in the morning.

:)